Pages (2):    1 2
Damin J. Toell   05-22-2011, 02:34 AM
SIBS is part of The Secret History, but is not listed as such in the Young Adult Jack books, as it is possibly inappropriate for the YA audience: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showp...ostcount=2

As for the revisions, specifically with regard to the Borderlands hardcover editions of a few years back, FPW sez that THE TOUCH and REBORN were cleaned up and modernized, while the revisions to REPRISAL are a little more extensive: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showp...ostcount=2

I recall FPW saying that the original version of THE TOUCH was overly grounded in the 80s, and in bad need of modernization. The most recent version of THE TOMB has some small updates (Jack now has a DVD player, instead of a VCR or Betamax, as Ken mentioned). And while it would be sort of impossible to modernize THE KEEP, things like the use of passive voice and 30-year old grammatical errors have been revised.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the revisions to REPRISAL (beyond those made for the Borderlands edition) will be present in the forthcoming trade paperback.
wdg3rd   05-22-2011, 03:33 AM
And aside from the minor updates, buying new copies of the books helps Paul pay his bar tab puts food on Paul's table..

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
RootsReggae   05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:You are s-o-o-o-o right!

Specifically the RJ novel BY THE SWORD.

It was just too cool how one sentence from BLACKWIND enabled Paul to pick up the story in BY THE SWORD.

Ken V.

how about how one tiny little insignificant thing from Reborn becomes the reason for all the evil that happens in Reprisal.
Sev   05-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Good Evening!

I am re-reading Reborn currently. I've read Reprisal, too.

I have two questions:

This has been bothering me for a while now:
Carol Stevens has an Aunt Grace, and Vicky has (had) an Aunt Grace; AND Emma Stevens while Gia insisted that her and Jack's little be named Emma. Jonah and Emma originally come from the midwest, where Gia's folks still live. Could the Stevens' and Dilauros be related in some way?

The other question: What is the one sentence in Reborn? I must have missed it!?!

Thanks a million!!!

Sev
Pages (2):    1 2