Pages (3):    1 2 3
Ken Valentine   05-24-2011, 02:21 AM
GCBurner Wrote:Movies and TV always get the sound of gunshots wrong, with or without "silencers". As it happens, I've heard a bullet flying by overhead a time or two, and it's a very distinctive sound.
I first heard that sound in the early '60's when a bunch of us were pulling and scoring targets for shooters qualifying for the Camp Perry match -- we did it all day for two days. Hundreds and hundreds of bullets going overhead.

Talk about noisy!

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2011, 07:56 PM
GCBurner Wrote:Movies and TV always get the sound of gunshots wrong, with or without "silencers". As it happens, I've heard a bullet flying by overhead a time or two, and it's a very distinctive sound.

I suspect the filmmakers are going for dramatic effect, rather than sonic accuracy.
Ken Valentine   05-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I suspect the filmmakers are going for dramatic effect, rather than sonic accuracy.
You're right.

When have film makers ever really gone for accuracy?

(Well, sometimes they do, but it's extremely rare.)

Ken V.
Tony H   05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:When have film makers ever really gone for accuracy?

Ken V.

I believe in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. When Asians fly, they typically choose to jump from rooftop to rooftop and occasionally take it to the trees. Little known fact but I looked it up on Wikipedia.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
t4terrific   05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I believe in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. When Asians fly, they typically choose to jump from rooftop to rooftop and occasionally take it to the trees. Little known fact but I looked it up on Wikipedia.
In reality, only the women can fly. Men are too dense.
GeraldRice   05-25-2011, 10:35 AM
flyingfox Wrote:Following my thread on Fast/Furious, what film/s are good for accurate or fairly accurate warfare, fighting, shooting etc.
What films are very bad and why, what was wrong, did the lead hold his gun upside down, lol.Big Grin

Every movie where a person is shot and the round knocks the person into the air. The most egregious of them was a movie called Fled in which the bad guy shoots through the peephole, hits a woman in the eye and she somersaults backwards and lands on the floor.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
t4terrific   05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Every movie where a person is shot and the round knocks the person into the air. The most egregious of them was a movie called Fled in which the bad guy shoots through the peephole, hits a woman in the eye and she somersaults backwards and lands on the floor.
What was the depression era remake of A Fist Full of Dollars, starring Bruce Willis? He sent people flying through windows, acroos rooms, or through doors with dual 1911's. Very realistic!Big Grin
The Mad American   05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
t4terrific Wrote:What was the depression era remake of A Fist Full of Dollars, starring Bruce Willis? He sent people flying through windows, acroos rooms, or through doors with dual 1911's. Very realistic!Big Grin

Oh yeah the one with Bruce Dern and Christopher Walken...what the crap was that called? Just a second, tabbing out to check. "Last Man Standing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116830/

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Mick C.   05-27-2011, 11:36 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Oh yeah the one with Bruce Dern and Christopher Walken...what the crap was that called? Just a second, tabbing out to check. "Last Man Standing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116830/

It may have been a remake of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, but which was itself a remake of YOJIMBO...which I think actually was a borrowing of a Dashiell Hammett detective story...

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (3):    1 2 3