Alvin Fox   04-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Rutger Hauer stars in the role of a lifetime! :p

This started out as a fake trailer in Grindhouse like Machete. So there's not much story but there's lots of blood a graphic violence. Including [SPOILER]decapitations, incinerating a school bus full of kids to disco music and someone getting their hand cut off and stabbing another person with the bone sticking out of the bloody stump.[/SPOILER] I enjoyed it, it even has a weapon building montage near the end reminiscent of the end of Evil Dead 2.

Just don't watch it if you expect anything more than silly gore and Rutger Hauer giving an excellent portrayal of a hobo.
t4terrific   04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Rutger Hauer stars in the role of a lifetime! :p

This started out as a fake trailer in Grindhouse like Machete. So there's not much story but there's lots of blood a graphic violence. Including [SPOILER]decapitations, incinerating a school bus full of kids to disco music and someone getting their hand cut off and stabbing another person with the bone sticking out of the bloody stump.[/SPOILER] I enjoyed it, it even has a weapon building montage near the end reminiscent of the end of Evil Dead 2.

Just don't watch it if you expect anything more than silly gore and Rutger Hauer giving an excellent portrayal of a hobo.
I saw a couple of trailers for this. The "babies lecture" scene was pretty cool. I'm very interested in seeing it.
GeraldRice   05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm getting this from my local library as soon as they order it. Schwing!

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Tony H   05-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I watched a trailer for this on Vudu, it is available to rent, and boy it looks awesome. I might give it a whirl this weekend.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
It's got a grizzled-looking Rutger Hauer, so by law, it has to rule. What happened to him- wasn't Hauer a good-looking guy way back when? Time sure is a bleep-bleep.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Anemone of the State   05-03-2011, 05:09 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I'm getting this from my local library as soon as they order it. Schwing!

Your librarian has excellent taste in cinema.

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein
The Mad American   05-03-2011, 06:23 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I'm getting this from my local library as soon as they order it. Schwing!

Someone posted on this a while back (think it might have been Alvin...not sure though) and from their description I thought it sounded like Oscar material. Need to rent this as well.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

ccosborne3   05-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I caught this On Demand a few weeks ago after Alvin's post. For a super low budget film they did a respectable job making an entertaining flick.
Brian   05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Just added to our Netflix line up. From the trailers I've seen, this looks good.

There is no wise man without fault
Sigokat   05-03-2011, 08:28 PM
While watching particulary bad movies my friends and I will talk about the Rutger Hauer Syndrome that seems to spread to many male actors thru their careers...great actors, bad movies. Its sad to see Hauer making such horrible movies sometimes...unless your drunk...then they are awesome! Big Grin

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck