turk mcgurk   04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
sorry, found answer
This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 11:22 PM by turk mcgurk.
The Mad American   04-04-2011, 11:23 PM
turk mcgurk Wrote:Another question for y'all. Does the latest edition of The Tomb have any revisions, and if so, how about the kindle edition?

I am pretty sure the Kindle version is the latest version. I beleive it is called the DVD version because of some changes in how Jack views the movies he watches.

So, my kind of sure, hedging my bets, answer is yes, the latest edition does have the revisions and it is the same as the Kindle version.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. We all know it wouldn't be the first time.Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

fpw   04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I am pretty sure the Kindle version is the latest version. I beleive it is called the DVD version because of some changes in how Jack views the movies he watches.

So, my kind of sure, hedging my bets, answer is yes, the latest edition does have the revisions and it is the same as the Kindle version.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. We all know it wouldn't be the first time.Big Grin
You're right. The Kindle and the new trade paperback editions are both the final revision.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
unsupervised   04-12-2011, 04:35 AM
I recently re-read The Tomb. I originally read the book back in the late 80's. So, I thought I'd go back as I just rediscovered Jack in '09. I have the updated version, which was a little weird. I know why FPW updated the book but considering I originally read the book in '88, it was distracting to hear about DVDs and iPods.

One of the things that I had completely forgotten about was that his relationship with Gia predated the first novel.

Anyway, after back tracking, I read Infernal and I just finished Harbingers today, Bloodline is waiting for me on the shelf. Dammit, I love this series!!!