RootsReggae   02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
When the Star Wars prequels came out with characters that were not in the original trilogy, I knew that some or most of them would have to die. If you’ve read The Adversary Cycle, and Nightworld already then you know where Jack’s series is ultimately heading to and how it will wrap up. The Repairman Jack series has introduces a slew of characters that need some sort of closure by the end of the last book. Wilson is revising Nightworld, so it’s possible that some of these charecters make their way into that revision, and perhaps even make it through Nightworld, if not, then they must die. That can’t be left hanging out there in limbo (if I remember correctly Julio fate was unknown in the original Nightworld) I have compiled a list of characters that need to be resolved(die) in the next book. PLEASE NOTE – I have not read Fatal Error, I am waiting until summer and for the pool to open. Please don’t spoil Fatal Error for me. Any comments, or characters I’ve left out?

THE LADY
HANK
THE OCCULUS
REMAINING YENCARI
DAWN PICKERING/ BABY PICKERING
WEEZY CONNELL
EDDIE CONNELL
MR. DRISCOLL
The Mad American   02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Welcome Roots. Good post.

From your list I think The Lady's fate can be guessed if you have read Nightworld. The others I am sure will be dealt with by FPW. But this is a great question/point. With the last RJ novel still coming and the heavily revised Nightworld there is still time for this to happen.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Sev   02-15-2011, 01:08 AM
It's almost impossible to discuss this EXCELLENT topic without including Fatal Error spoilers! That statement is almost a spoiler itself!

Sev
Ken Valentine   02-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Sev Wrote:It's almost impossible to discuss this EXCELLENT topic without including Fatal Error spoilers! That statement is almost a spoiler itself!
Or an incentive to read Fatal Error.

Ken V.
RootsReggae   02-15-2011, 03:27 PM
I just found out about F. Paul Wilson May 2010. By September 2010 I had read The Adversary Cycle and was caught up with YA and regular RJ. I immediately read Secret Vengence, but I'm going to hold out for Fatal Error so I have something to look foward to this summer.

I hope the Occulus make it through alive. She's just little girl. Maybe she could live through Nightworld, then she could be cured of the curse of being the Occulus. Then she could be a normal child and have tea parties with Vicky.
RootsReggae   05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Ok so I made it to the beach and read fatal error. When Rasalom say on the phone that he killed her, but he's not refering to the lady, is he talking about the occulus? Out of everyone she's the one I least wanted to see die. Other than that everyone is still alive. A lot of people need to die in the next book. Do you guys think the Occulus is dead?
enadmit   05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
You did say you have already read the Adv Cy right?
If not, your answer is there.
If you have, think back to Reprisal and North Carolina. Just a hint.
tisapphire   05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Actually, check out part one of my interview with FPW...he talks about the re-write of Nightworld, and mentions some things about having to insert characters that were originally absent from the first version.

http://bit.ly/leljF4

Cheers!

The Accidental Author
http://www.accidental-author.com

"The only time that the words 'six figures' is connected with my eBooks is when referring to my Amazon.com sales ranking" - Me

Twitter: @tisafire
FaceBook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/l1gtNI
RootsReggae   05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
enadmit Wrote:You did say you have already read the Adv Cy right?
If not, your answer is there.
If you have, think back to Reprisal and North Carolina. Just a hint.

Oh it was Bill's friend, the main girl from reprisal? I was sort of confused because in fatal error rasalom says its going to send someone over the edge, and I was thinking Jack. What would send Jack over the edge? How about a Occulous that is close to Vicky's age getting ripped open like christmas present. When the book ended I thought it was something yet to be revealed.