Pages (2): 1 2   
thisisatest   03-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Steve D
This is a very good movie. The disturbing images actually make you laugh. And Jim Carrey tones down his acting and delivers a real character that you both like and dislike. The Sci-Fi does not need any special effects; it works because the actors dive into it as if it were another day at the office. I hope you go see it. I'm dying to hear other opinions on it.
Animagess   03-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Oh good... I'm hoping to catch this one. I've gotten rather fond of Jim Carrey over the last few years... It's nice to know he's trying some new roles on...

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Paul R   04-01-2004, 07:25 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
This is a very good movie. The disturbing images actually make you laugh. And Jim Carrey tones down his acting and delivers a real character that you both like and dislike. The Sci-Fi does not need any special effects; it works because the actors dive into it as if it were another day at the office. I hope you go see it. I'm dying to hear other opinions on it.

Well Kate Winslet's in it, which is always a good reason to go to the movies. I'll put it on my films to see list, which is getting longer since we lost our regular babysitter...! Sad
Marc   04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Have to agree that this movie is really good. Good acting, good story, good emotion. All the actors do a great job. It is one of those rare movies that leaves you breathless by the end. You have to sit and mull it for a while after.
fpw   04-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Have to agree that this movie is really good. Good acting, good story, good emotion. All the actors do a great job. It is one of those rare movies that leaves you breathless by the end. You have to sit and mull it for a while after.

Hmm...am I going to have to put aside my aversion to Carrey in serious roles and see this?

Nah. I'll wait for the DVD.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tim Hatch   04-02-2004, 02:39 AM
fpw Wrote:Hmm...am I going to have to put aside my aversion to Carrey in serious roles and see this?

Nah. I'll wait for the DVD.

Have you seen Carrey's portrayal of Andy Kaufman in _Man on the Moon_? The guy's good when he doesn't use the "talk with his behind" routine.
:p
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2004, 06:05 AM
One of my staff--Grady, a film school graduate and maybe the only drummer in the history of rock to get fired from a band for =not= drinking enough beer--urged me to see the flick. My girlfriend and I did. It's really good. Don't wait for the DVD, Paul. Trust the gang on this one. No lie.
This post was last modified: 04-02-2004, 07:01 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Tim Hatch   04-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:One of my staff--Grady, a film school graduate and maybe the only drummer in the history of rock to get fired from a band for =not= drinking enough beer--urged me to see the flick. My girlfriend and I did. It's really good. Don't wait for the DVD, Paul. Trust the gang on this one. No lie.

Just saw the movie tonight. VERY glad I did. Kate Winslet is incredible. I thought Carrey was good too, but he had a less challenging role. GO SEE IT!
Annice Burdeos   05-10-2004, 03:59 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

But this is by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I was bored, didn't care and just wanted it to end and I was the guest of a
local film critic !
Tim Hatch   05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Annice Burdeos Wrote:But this is by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I was bored, didn't care and just wanted it to end and I was the guest of a
local film critic !

It seems as if there is no in-between for this movie. It's either loved or hated. I thought it was fantastic. I did notice a couple of people walk out on it, and have talked to others that liked it that noticed the same thing.
Pages (2): 1 2