Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Sev   12-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Howdy!

If I missed it, I'm sorry; but did the movie fall through?
Ken Valentine   12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Blades Wrote:Smile
I mentioned him back in 2006: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...#post74791

He is probably too old now to be "Jack".
Yes, but only by three years -- if anyone wants to get that fussy.

And as an aside, he also portrayed Eomer in the Lord Of The Rings movies and (Webby should love this one) Woodrow Call in the Comanche Moon series.

Ken V.
longbowhunter   12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah...I could see that. I could TOTALLY see that. I may be late to the party,but after Star Trek and RED,I'd have to say Urban is fast becoming one of my favorite new actors. I think he could do a kickass job of playing Jack....or,possibly his grandkid could,depending on when the movie actually gets made:mad2:

Hiyo Goddamn Silver!!!!
Blades   12-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Yes, but only by three years -- if anyone wants to get that fussy.

And as an aside, he also portrayed Eomer in the Lord Of The Rings movies and (Webby should love this one) Woodrow Call in the Comanche Moon series.

Ken V.

Three years now, but when he is doing the fourth movie, he'll be my age, way to old([SIZE="1"]43[/SIZE]) to be Jack. Smile

My next pick was Scott Foley, but he is 38, too old. We need someone 28-30, they can always make him look older if needed. What character actor is 28-30 and needs a big break? [SIZE="3"]BY THE POWER OF GOOGLE!![/SIZE]

--Jason--
Blades   12-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Another guy I like, but he is too short is Scott Caan, but he is busy with "Hawaii 5-0". He is only 34, which is a little older then I would recommend.

After seeing "Brick" maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he is the right age, he can act, he's 5'10", but he might need to bulk up some. Just an idea.
This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 08:18 PM by Blades.

--Jason--
drawingfool   12-25-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure about Karl Urban, he doesn't have that "Unassuming everyman" quality that RJ possesses. I remember once I attended a FPW appearance where he said John Cusack would make a good RJ, of course he would probably be too old now to play him. How about Ed Norton or Sam Rockwell?
Blades   12-27-2010, 01:17 AM
drawingfool Wrote:I'm not sure about Karl Urban, he doesn't have that "Unassuming everyman" quality that RJ possesses. I remember once I attended a FPW appearance where he said John Cusack would make a good RJ, of course he would probably be too old now to play him. How about Ed Norton or Sam Rockwell?

Both too old. We need someone around 30ish.

--Jason--
Alvin Fox   12-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Gerald has posted this a few times and I've come to agree:

How about Chris Evans?
[Image: push-chris-evans-dakota-fanning.jpg]
Adeolaw   12-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Sam Worthington is still my favourite pick but Karl Urban may just be versatile enough to pull him off. Anyone remember his numerous guest spots on Xena and Hercules as various characters (most notably Caesar, even Cupid if memory serves correctly)?? Talk about coming a long way.......:o
Blades   12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Gerald has posted this a few times and I've come to agree:

How about Chris Evans?
[Image: push-chris-evans-dakota-fanning.jpg]

Get rid of some of his "pretty boy" and I think he could do it, but he is "Captain America" now, and I believe that is a 3 picture deal. So he'll be busy for awhile.

Adeolaw Wrote:Sam Worthington is still my favourite pick but Karl Urban may just be versatile enough to pull him off. Anyone remember his numerous guest spots on Xena and Hercules as various characters (most notably Caesar, even Cupid if memory serves correctly)?? Talk about coming a long way.......:o

I can see Sam Worthington could do it also. What is he up to these days?

--Jason--
Pages (3):    1 2 3