Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Barry Lee Dejasu   11-19-2010, 10:59 AM
S P O I L E R W A R N I N G.

Now, I assume the rest of you who've actually finished Secret Vengeance are the only ones still reading this, so without further ado...

I had a few questions lingering after the end of the book. Perhaps someone can give me a verbal slap upside the back of my head, or at the very least a "No-one knows."
  • Is it known through other Secret History mythos just what building was formerly located at the site of the "dead zone?" Could it have been another Lodge, for instance?
  • For lack of better phrasing...what do you think is going on with Levi Coffin's suspicion that Jack has "talents" (other than his pre-Repairman instincts)? Just superstitious finger-pointing, or something bigger?
  • And what do you all make of Levi's promise that he (and others) will "be seeing" Jack around? Otherness, Allies, or...others? And could this mean a reappearance in, oh, I don't know...The Dark At the End?
Like I said, perhaps it's all ambiguous, but perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious. I for one am a fan of ambiguous, so that'd be fine by me!

Thanks for a wonderful and very fun trilogy, FPW.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
cobalt   11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
SPOILERS below

Levi and the rest of the Pineys have talents that might be influenced by their ODNA and/or psychic tendencies. At one point, Jack can't be seen by one of them....maybe because of his high count of ODNA?
I would suspect that the Pineys can tell Jack is "different"....but the extent of it isn't tangable to them....they just feel he has something like them. That's why Jack "ability" to make thing open or appear in the locker seem so acceptable to Levi. He expects Jack can do magic....because he can too....to some extent.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:S P O I L E R W A R N I N G.

Now, I assume the rest of you who've actually finished Secret Vengeance are the only ones still reading this, so without further ado...

I had a few questions lingering after the end of the book. Perhaps someone can give me a verbal slap upside the back of my head, or at the very least a "No-one knows."
  • Is it known through other Secret History mythos just what building was formerly located at the site of the "dead zone?" Could it have been another Lodge, for instance?
  • For lack of better phrasing...what do you think is going on with Levi Coffin's suspicion that Jack has "talents" (other than his pre-Repairman instincts)? Just superstitious finger-pointing, or something bigger?
  • And what do you all make of Levi's promise that he (and others) will "be seeing" Jack around? Otherness, Allies, or...others? And could this mean a reappearance in, oh, I don't know...The Dark At the End?
Like I said, perhaps it's all ambiguous, but perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious. I for one am a fan of ambiguous, so that'd be fine by me!

Thanks for a wonderful and very fun trilogy, FPW.

Good questions all, Barry, but only one man knows the answers...

And he ain't one to be rushed.

Haw! I wonder if when Paul handed THE TOMB to his agent, he had any idea how things would cascade...Cool:eek:
fpw   11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Cobalt's pretty much got it. I'd like to come back to those Piney kids sometime (without Jack). Or maybe their kids (so the setting could be contemporary).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
rjack_fan   11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
^ What Cobalt said.

I'm hoping we see more of the pineys, either in the last books, the 3 prequels or maybe a book of their own.
Alvin Fox   11-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Is it known through other Secret History mythos just what building was formerly located at the site of the "dead zone?" Could it have been another Lodge, for instance?

Could it be the location of the original Peggy Clevenger's cabin?

Well, depending on which way she died. Probably.

In The Barrens she captured a lumen. That night her cabin burned down and her blackened and burned body was found in the ashes. The town that she lived in is gone now, like it's never been.

In Secret Histories it was said that she was beheaded in the 1800's.

Of course, maybe you should just cut off a dead witches head. Just in case.
Debby   12-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I just finished Secret Vengeance and loved it yet I am left wondering who Ted Collingswood is in terms of does he play a part later on in the series. I have only read up to Gateways and don't remember the name.

Also is there any relevance to Weezy having Bipolar Mood Disorder and seeing a psychiatrist?

Thanks
Debby
This post was last modified: 12-02-2010, 01:36 AM by Debby.
fpw   12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Debby Wrote:I just finished Secret Vengeance and loved it yet I am left wondering who Ted Collingswood is in terms of does he play a part later on in the series. I have only read up to Gateways and don't remember the name.
He may yet show up, Debbie
This post was last modified: 12-02-2010, 04:04 PM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Debby   12-02-2010, 03:15 PM
fpw Wrote:Hey may yet show up, Debbie

Well, I guess I'll just keep on reading.
By the way thanks for how you portrayed what happened between Weezy and Carson. It was a pleasure to not see her as someone to blame but rather an innocent victim. Unfortunately, date rape is a real issue and most girls will never find a "Jack" to stand up for them.
Weatherford   12-10-2010, 09:15 AM
I just ordered Secret Histories for my grand-nephew - who I am hoping to get hooked. He may be a little young (10 or so, I think), but that's OK!

I absolutely love the three "secret" books - wonderful way to bring things together. Only problem is.... I want MORE.... actually, I want MORE OF ALL JACK, not just his childhood!!! Now to re-read them all and put things together...

I also think I might, next time in NJ, hop on 206 South and go for a drive...
:hello:
Pages (3): 1 2 3