Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 12   
KRW   11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:It doesn't really specify at the length. I think it was supposed to be about a month, but the tv show seemed to make it appear a little longer(with how the relationship looked between Lori and shane, unless the show is going to make that their relationship started before the coma, who knows?)

I thought they addressed that point when they were sitting in the cop car and he was complaing about his girlfriend not turning out the lights?

You could be talking about a different couple mainly because I did't retain a single name from the show. (I'm terrible with names)
KRW   11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Yeah that is a question that I am not sure they will answer. I will have to go back and check and see if it specified in the comics. Can't really remember. It would have to be I would guess at least a couple weeks for everything to go completely to crap, but I think it would actually have to be longer. I figure the nurses and family were probably keeping him shaved and taken care of but then stopped when the dead came back, so the beard is more an indicator of the time between complete chaos and his waking, not the coma as a whole.
Depending on how fast his facial hair grows, that's a good months worth, maybe two. That's a long time to be on an IV drip with no one replacing it. I'd opt more in favor of the "the more chaotic it became the less time they had for patients, and even visitors, and only focused on the priorities." It's still odd that he woke before he starved to death.
Medusa   11-04-2010, 11:33 PM
My thinking was that if Rick was still hurting from the gunshot then the coma couldn't have been all that long.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
jimbow8   11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:It doesn't really specify at the length. I think it was supposed to be about a month, but the tv show seemed to make it appear a little longer(with how the relationship looked between Lori and shane, unless the show is going to make that their relationship started before the coma, who knows?)

As for the 28 Days later comparison I guess both are references to an old horror movie. Some movie about the world going blind and plants attacking people, that apparently is now getting a remake. Go figure.

I thought this show was really good. I was surprised by the amount of graphic gore that they allowed on a standard cable show.

The relationship between Lori and Shane (was that his name? was he also a police officer/deputy?) is about the only complaint that I have. The love-triangle/conflict just seems too formulaic (of course, much of the show is). But not a huge deal.

Never read the comics.

Medusa Wrote:My thinking was that if Rick was still hurting from the gunshot then the coma couldn't have been all that long.

This seems a reasonable assumption. Of course, I would think he'd have asked the other guy what the date was at least.
This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 08:14 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
colburn0004   11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
KRW Wrote:I thought they addressed that point when they were sitting in the cop car and he was complaing about his girlfriend not turning out the lights?

You could be talking about a different couple mainly because I did't retain a single name from the show. (I'm terrible with names)

I was referring to the relationship between Shane and Lori. In the comic it spurs up while waiting outside of Atlanta to get in while all the chaos was going on, and after that when the group settled there really didn't seem to be much of a relationship, and what was there seemed a little forced by shane.

In the show it makes it seem like they are more in a relationship, and I was wondering if it had taken place before the zombies.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Medusa   11-08-2010, 01:13 AM
How about that rubbing the zombie guts all over them? That was the grossest thing I have ever since! But it was so cool! And leaving Merle on the roof was perfect! He deserves it!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
The Mad American   11-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Medusa Wrote:How about that rubbing the zombie guts all over them? That was the grossest thing I have ever since! But it was so cool! And leaving Merle on the roof was perfect! He deserves it!

I love the leaving of Merle on the roof but the rubbing of the guts, well not the actual rubbing of the guts, that was indeed pretty freaking gross, but the idea that you could fool the zombies with by smelling like one of them is one of my major hang ups with The Walking Dead, almost jumping the shark for me,

BUT the character stuff they add in makes up for it. The problem with hacking up the zombie to get the guts, and then taking his wallet and learning who he was before he was a zombie, the conflict with the father and son who have a zombie mom walking around and not being able to put her down. That is the stuff that makes this series for me, or at least made the source material and I am hoping the series holds onto that stuff.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Alvin Fox   11-08-2010, 08:38 AM
The one thing that bothers me (only two episodes in) is that no one has said "zombie". I can only assume it's set in a parallel universe where Thriller was never made, there has never been a Night of the Living Dead movie and no one ever began practicing voodoo.

And how ominous that Rick grabbed a grenade and never mentioned it to anyone.
cobalt   11-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Like Alvin said.....the one thing that does bother me...is that they call them Walkers. Why not zombies?

EWMAN
Alvin Fox   11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Walkers and Geeks.

One thing, for clarification. This thread has spoilers for the tv show but not for the comic, right?
Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 12