Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
flyingfox   10-30-2010, 03:45 AM
KRW Wrote:We watched it the other night and that little boys performance is enough to break your heart. It makes one want to jump into that movie and fight Cujo.. win, lose or draw. The moms performance was excellent as well, especially the scene when she was bitten in the thigh.

Oh don't:tongue: I will have nightmares now:o
It was a long time ago that I watched it, mind youBig Grin
Time does heal the wounds of being scared half to deathSmile
webby   10-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Tomorrow night, my kids are inviting some friends over for Hallowe'en movies under the stars in the backyard. I rigged up a giant screen and have a projector I bought on sale cheap at WalMart that hooks up to a DVD player and shows REALLY HUGE screen images. We're going lie on the grass or in lawn chairs and watch a bunch of Hallowe'en -themed Bugs Bunny cartoons (HYDE AND HARE where Bugs is taken in by Dr. Jekyll, the one where Bug fights Gossamer the giant red hairy monster, the one where Bugs goes trick-or-treating and meets the June Foray-voiced witch, and the one where Porky Pig and Sylvester spend the night in a haunted house full of homicidal mice - that one is really scary!), along with a DVD of classic horror movie trailers, Disney's LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW (great animation on the chase sequence), and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE. We will have a firepit going and roast marshmallows and make chocolate bombs (stick a chunk of chocolate in a marshmallow before toasting it), eat popcorn, candy corn and pumpkin peeps, and the grown-ups will drink Blue Moon Ale and Fat Tire.

Oh man, that sounds like FUN!! Can I come over?

flyingfox Wrote:Oh don't:tongue: I will have nightmares now:o
It was a long time ago that I watched it, mind youBig Grin
Time does heal the wounds of being scared half to deathSmile

King was at his best when he worked with the most ordinary of subjects, the most ordinary seeming characters. Cujo, The Shining, Firestarter and The Dead Zone are all like that and are still among his very best, scariest stories IMHO.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mick C.   10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
webby Wrote:Oh man, that sounds like FUN!! Can I come over?

Wish you could have! Next year in Arizona!

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5