fnfnc64   10-17-2010, 03:40 AM
I just finished fatal error. That means it will be another year before I get "Jacked" again. Long wait. This is without question my all time favorite book series. I read a lot, but it isn’t often I count the days down like a kid waiting for Christmas waiting for a new book to come out like I have with each new Jack addition.
Which gives me time to think, and that’s never good.....
See, I was wondering, at what point did the secret history of the world really start to come together? The keep is where I started a long time ago (about 1985 if memory serves). Much was in place then. But a few years later later we get Nightworld. You know- the end. Of course, it wasn’t. Yet. Jack and the secret history went on, all building to the final end. Which leaves me wondering where the majority of the pieces fell into place? My guess is that Nightworld redux will have to be pretty heavily revised now that Jack plays a much larger role and we have the lady and others added to the mix (I like the original Nightworld a lot by the way) which leaves me to guess that it was at some point after that that majority of the big picture all came together (assuming it is pretty much all together at this point). I guess what I’m looking for here is the secret history of the secret history in a nutshell.............
fpw   10-17-2010, 12:27 PM
The Secret History took form with the introduction of the Ancient Septimus Fraternal Order. The Order is the glue that holds it all together. Plus I needed an uberterm for the merging of the AC and the Jack series. When Weezy started talking about a "secret history," I grabbed that.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Brian   10-17-2010, 06:41 PM
This just makes me want to say the hell with it and read the Nightworld that's in cobalt's bookcase.

There is no wise man without fault