flyboy707   09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
(Possible) Spoiler

I am in the middle of re-reading "Night World" and came across a reference to a character named Lenny winter. He was a neighbor of Sylvia's at Toad Hall.

For some reason that name sounded very familiar to me, outside the "Night World" reference, and can't seem to place why.

My question is this: does Lenny Winter appear in some other book; possibly one of the Adversary Cycle? I have re-read "The Keep", "Reborn" and "Reprisal" the past month, but not "The Touch".

His name might just seem familiar becasue I have read "Night World" so many times over the past 10 years.

Can anyone help me out?

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
cobalt   09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
The name rings a bell....maybe from "Tennants"?

EWMAN
Damin J. Toell   09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
In the short story "Feelings," Howie is the son of Leonard Weinstein, a.k.a. Lenny Winter, the 50s DJ known as "Daddy Shoog."
This post was last modified: 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM by Damin J. Toell.
Damin J. Toell   09-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Lenny himself was also a character in the short story "The Last ONE MO' ONCE GOLDEN OLDIES REVIVAL."
flyboy707   09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:In the short story "Feelings," Howie is the son of Leonard Weinstein, a.k.a. Lenny Winter, the 50s DJ known as "Daddy Shoog."

AAAAAHHHHHAAAAA !!!! I was certain I had come across that name before in an FPW work.:cornut:

Thanks! I will be re-reading both those tonight!

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
KRW   09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:Lenny himself was also a character in the short story "The Last ONE MO' ONCE GOLDEN OLDIES REVIVAL."

Dang! You beat me to it!Smile

"Don't you dare take the name of the great god Doolang in vain!" I say this every once in a while when someone is cussing about untangling a knot in the extension cords. (Usually me)
flyboy707   09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Got home last night and read those short stories again.

Great stories! I hadn't read them in a l o n g time.

Thanks for helping me solve my "mystery". :xd: