Pages (3):    1 2 3
Karithna   07-26-2011, 05:11 PM
How about this:

Justin Timberlake as Jack
Christina Aguilera as Gia
Jack Black as Abe
Kal Penn as Kusum

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Libby   07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I'll repeat Edward Norton for Jack and Charlize Theron for Gia. I also just thought of Richard Riehle (with a beard) as Abe. And maybe Kim Kardashian as Kolbati.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
The Mad American   07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Karithna Wrote:How about this:

Jack Black as Abe
Kal Penn as Kusum

Here is your virtual poke in the eye.

**POKE**

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Sounds real good! Let's all the gang kick in for pre-production.

I can contribute--let's see what Ah's got here--

One American dollar and 72 cents!

What soul who craves a cameo will double it??!?
Alvin Fox   07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh, y'all are terrible. Reading those casts makes me wince.
mad4tunes   07-27-2011, 11:30 AM
t4terrific Wrote:I wouldn't really care about the actress playing Gia as much as who would play Kolabati. Her character had a larger impact in The Tomb.

I think Reshma Shetty (who plays Divya on "Royal Pains") would make an excellent Kolabati.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Karithna   07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Karithna Wrote:How about this:

Jack Black as Abe
Kal Penn as Kusum

I originally thought this was a joke. The more I thought about it, I'm thinking "what if you protray them all as younger?" Kal Penn could play a deranged indian. He kinda has that look, but he'd have to grow a beard. (Kusum did have a beard, right?)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Alvin Fox   07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
You said "younger" and now I can only think "Repairman Jack BABIES".
Ken Valentine   07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:You said "younger" and now I can only think "Repairman Jack BABIES".
If so, you could add Repairman Jack Teething Rings to the Merchandise section of the board.

Ken V.
jkennedy   08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I think a Jack series would work out. USA likes anti-heroes although Jack would probably need to be on something like HBO for the rougher stuff.

Jack - Matt Damon? Jack's taller and leaner, but I think that's nitpicking. I think Ed Norton is a good choice as well. He can seem tough but doesn't have those over the top good looks like DiCaprio or a young Tom Selleck. Jack's not supposed to be a pretty boy. I don't doubt that women who are Jack fans imagine him as more handsome than F. Paul Wilson describes (what about it ladies. do you think of Jack as a hottie?).

This is one where casting can think out of the box. Bruce Willis wasn't a tough guy before Die Hard (remember Moonlighting) and Michael Keaton pulled off Batman. In fact a young Michael Keaton could have been Jack. He has a disarming charm and an edgy side (Pacific Heights, The Dream Team).

Gia - Scarlett Johansson. Keira Knightley's a Brit but should could be Gia. Chalize Theron also a good choice. She played the vunerable wife in Devil's Advocate and the scary psycho Aileen Wuornos in Monster.

Abe - David Lipman. The actor who plays one of the arraignment judges on Law and Order. He has that wry NYC Jewish humor (or is that NYC Jewish Rye humor?)

Kusum - I tempted to agree about Kal Penn for Kusum but I'm afraid his sense of humor would come through and Kusum an arrogant putz and Penn is too Westernized.

Kolabati - Freida Pinto from Slumdog millionaire.
Truthfully there are so many actors in Bollywood finding the Bahkti siblings shouldn't be a problem.

Joe
Pages (3):    1 2 3