Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Ken Valentine   04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Biggles Wrote:My suggestion to others is try everything and stick with what you like. There's a lot to choose from out there.

And the reason there is so much to choose from is because everybody is different.

I've got a couple of SIG's in the shop right now. A 220, and a 220 ST. So many people put after market Hogue grips on them, that the factory now puts them on as original equipment. The owner and I both detest them. Hogue grips have a sticky feel to them which a lot of people seem to like. So while I'm fitting new sights, Henry is out trying to find the old-style grips . . . or at least something more suitable.

And when these are finished, I've got three brand new Springfield Government Models coming in for extensive modification . . . red ramp the front sights, round off all the sharp edges on the rear sights, matching trigger jobs on all three, different triggers, beaver tail grip safety's, different mainspring housings, machine the frames and install mag well funnels, and get rid of those damned titanium firing pins. Three days worth of work which will probably take me a month as I can't put in but an hour or so a day.

To make a long story short, some people can't find anything that suits them properly . . . right out of the box. And quite often it's easier to make the gun fit the shooter than the shooter fit the gun.

Ken V.
fpw   04-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Lisa Wrote:Aha! That would explain an error I found in The Keep where it said "modem" instead of "modern."

Yeah, it does look like "modem" but it's not. I did a search of the text and "modem" got no hits. "Modern" did, but I couldn't see a divide between the "r" and the "n." That's a problem with serif fonts like Times New Roman. (modern vs. modern)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   04-13-2004, 04:10 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, it does look like "modem" but it's not. I did a search of the text and "modem" got no hits. "Modern" did, but I couldn't see a divide between the "r" and the "n." That's a problem with serif fonts like Times New Roman. (modern vs. modern)

One of the reasons I use a bright light to read by, and . . . er, reading glasses.

Ken - with the fossilized eye beans - V.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5