Pages (2):    1 2
A-dono   07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Brian Wrote:There is another thing I've noticed as well in the last 2 or 3 books. Jack seems to not care if he says Rasalom's name. Almost as if he wants the confrontation, sooner rather than later, as if a dare.

He definitely did want a showdown. He was pretty much chomping at the bit to go after Rasalom throughout all of "Fatal Error" and got angry when Glaeken told him to wait.

Understandable when you consider that R unleashed the virus that lead to Kate's death.
Dave F   07-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Great spot, I've just finished ARC and I completely missed it. Especially as shortly after Wheezy says "Ras, I mean R"

I loved the book, Ground Zero felt like a holding pattern. Fatal Error featured more of the Jack I love.

I await The dark at the end with mixed feelings, I love FPW books, but this will be an end to a series of books I've been reading on and off since the keep was first published in the UK.

The artist formally known as Britfan
Alvin Fox   04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Noticed Jack say this on this read through. It was the end of the Friday chapter before Veilleur goes to North Carolina. Best I can figure is maybe Rasalom was distracted. It seems at that time on Friday night Rasalom (as Rafe) was giving Bill a glimpse of his true form.
Srem   04-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Since we're on the topic of Fatal Error, here's something else I never made a connection to, even after reading Secret Vengeance previously:

Mr. Veilleur, The Lady, Jack, and Weezy are all sitting at a table during one of their many meetings, and Weezy is apparently referring to Mr. Veilleur when she says this:

"One used to live on your property in the Pines, Mister Foster..." (p236)

There was no other response from the others at Weezy's comment, so I'm assuming Mister Foster = Mr. Veilleur/Glaeken?!

I must be getting old...

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Alvin Fox   04-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Veilleur was previously recognized by Weezy and Jack as Old Man Foster in Ground Zero.

I didn't catch that until Foster showed up in Secret Vengeance.
Pages (2):    1 2