Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Well, actually, I didn't compare F. paul to Rowling in writing style! Just the fact that both seemed to be bored with their main charaters, and killing off everyone around them. I really hated it when his sister was killed, and his father. His brother was a real shit, and his "death" was a salvation for him, and Jack. I say "death" because we really don't know if he is dead! I just thought, when reading that story, that the device transported the user into the "otherness", where you would be eaten at once. That's just my take on that situation. Anyway, I stand by my eariler assessment, that the first few novels are MUCH more "punchy" than the last three!

Lexx

Do you write, Lexx?
IanSF   04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Was the term "river novel", Scott? Paul might have used the French term.
{GEEK MODE}
"Roman-fleuve" was FPW's term, which is, as Mike says, French for river novel. You can look it up on Wikipedia.
{/GEEK MODE}
lexator222   04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Do you write, Lexx?

Why do you ask? Since I am not a professional writer, then I have no right to my opinion? My sister once told me that since I had never given birth to a child, I had no right to an opinion on raising children. I really hate that mind-set.

Lexx
This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 02:50 PM by lexator222.

JACK fan
Pages (2):    1 2