Pages (2):    1 2
leethebard   07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cinema...wake/41821

Here's the cinematic trailer....
fpw   07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
This game has been rec'd to be by a number of people. Will have to check it out.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
leethebard Wrote:Gamers...
Have you played Alan Wake, a game about a thriller writer who gets caught inside one of his own novels...it reminds me of F. Paul Wilson's works...it's one of the wildest games....strong plot..that keeps you playing and hanging....internal tributes to Twilight Zone and Stephen King...Dr. Wilson should check this out and let us know what he thinks.

Welcome to the gang, bard!

Now wouldn't it be fun-and-half if Paul had his fictional alter-ego, P. Frank Winslow, as a character in the revised NIGHTWORLD?
Scott Hajek   07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I started to play the game, but ran out of time on my rental. I loved what I played so far. I will be buying this game soon. It's on sale at K-Mart this week for $34.99.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
pennywise969   07-14-2010, 01:12 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:I would agree very good game. Only thing I would recommend is renting it over buying it as it's somewhat short. The cool thing is the writers treat it very much like a T.V. show, each game will be like a season of a show(they plan on doing a couple more) and each chapter in the game is like an episode of the show and it always does a recap of the last chapter and things. Pretty interesting.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I rented it myself. The only downside is that they have additional DLC episodes out and I can't play them. Hopefully they will come out with a rerelease later on that will have the DLC episodes.
IanSF   07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
leethebard Wrote:Those of you who aren't into video games , check the links above and watch the video preview...Doesn't he look like a "Repairman Jack"?

The character of Alan Wake is modelled after the Finnish actor Ilkka Villi.
Here's IMDb's page about him: Ilkka Villi. His real life photo doesn't look so bad but is he a bit on the tall side at 6 foot 2?
Zombie Joe   07-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I played the game last week. I loved it!!! But although the live action actor looks like Jack, I don't think he could carry an entire movie. I would rather see a big name actor play Jack.
mad4tunes   07-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Zombie Joe Wrote:I played the game last week. I loved it!!! But although the live action actor looks like Jack, I don't think he could carry an entire movie. I would rather see a big name actor play Jack.

I wouldn't mind a "little name" actor if he had skills. I have nightmares about Donny Wahlberg being tapped to play Jack.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Legion   07-19-2010, 07:15 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:I wouldn't mind a "little name" actor if he had skills. I have nightmares about Donny Wahlberg being tapped to play Jack.

I hate to say it, but I think Matt Damon could pull it off in some ways. I thought as much the second I saw the first Bourne movie. Given Jack was to be the Anti-Jason Bourne, it'd be too ironic.

As for Ryan Reynolds, when I first heard his name mentioned I was against it, but when you look at the humor side to Jack as a character, Reynolds will definitely carry it well.

As for the game, it reminds me of Silent Hill in some ways.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
leethebard   07-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same books.Some of these actors look nothing like the descriptions in the Jack books!!!
Pages (2):    1 2