Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:. But I don't think I've even heard of Brotherhood. What is it exactly?

It is about a family in Providence RI. One son is a politician and the other a gangster; interesting to see the parallels between the political and criminal worlds. The acting and writing are top notch but it is very bleak.

The wiki entry gives some more info but don't read too much because there are spoilers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotherhood..._TV_series)

The first season of The Flight Of The Conchords was pretty funny as well. I did not like season 2 nearly as much.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
colburn0004   05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:It is about a family in Providence RI. One son is a politician and the other a gangster; interesting to see the parallels between the political and criminal worlds. The acting and writing are top notch but it is very bleak.

The wiki entry gives some more info but don't read too much because there are spoilers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotherhood..._TV_series)

The first season of The Flight Of The Conchords was pretty funny as well. I did not like season 2 nearly as much.

I may check brotherhood out. Why didn't you like the second season as much? I didn't really like the last couple episodes but there was a lot of good episodes in there. I thought the episode where Jamaine is dating the Australian was a classic Big Grin. Sad that is another show not returning. Sad

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
rjack_fan   05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
USA has a few really good shows, and they are starting new seasons in June or July (their seasons run almost opposite to regular networks). White Collar, Psych, Royal Pains, and of course, Burn Notice. Some episodes are online free to get you started.
Scott Miller   05-27-2010, 09:20 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:I may check brotherhood out. Why didn't you like the second season as much? I didn't really like the last couple episodes but there was a lot of good episodes in there. I thought the episode where Jamaine is dating the Australian was a classic Big Grin. Sad that is another show not returning. Sad

Oh it had its moments but I thought the songs weren't nearly as good was the main reason I didn't like it as much. The gang episode was my favorite.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Alvin Fox   05-28-2010, 04:02 AM
June 23rd brand new episodes of Futurama will be on Comedy Central.

For the last month or so River Monsters on Animal Planet has hooked me.
Kenji   05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:Usually during the summer I usually catch up on a show I never really tried before. I pretty much have run out of stuff that I could come up with with most recently catching up on shows like The Wire, Doctor Who, Skins, and tried Battlestar Galactica but I couldn't really get into it. I love a ton of different styles of shows and I am open for suggestions. Anyone have any? Somewhat thinking about Deadwood, not sure though.

Oh!? You couldn't get into battlestar Galactica? Hmm.....

I recommend "Life On Mars", "Dollhouse", "Flashforward", and "Fringe".
colburn0004   05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Kenji Wrote:Oh!? You couldn't get into battlestar Galactica? Hmm.....

I recommend "Life On Mars", "Dollhouse", "Flashforward", and "Fringe".

Yeah I don't know why really. It started off good, but for about 4 or 5 episodes after the premiere were kind of boring. I just didn't seem to care to watch the next episode and was almost waiting for it to be over. Really not sure why though.

I like Fringe just have to catch up on the last half of this season, Flashforward is about the same I stopped watching when I found out it wasn't getting a second season. I've been thinking about actually watching Life On Mars but the original UK version. Dollhouse I just didn't like at all, but that could be due to the fact that I can't stand the main star Dushku or something like that.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Pages (2):    1 2