RepairmanJack.com Forums
TV suggestion? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: TV suggestion? (/thread-3812.html)

Pages: 1 2

TV suggestion? - colburn0004 - 05-27-2010

Usually during the summer I usually catch up on a show I never really tried before. I pretty much have run out of stuff that I could come up with with most recently catching up on shows like The Wire, Doctor Who, Skins, and tried Battlestar Galactica but I couldn't really get into it. I love a ton of different styles of shows and I am open for suggestions. Anyone have any? Somewhat thinking about Deadwood, not sure though.

TV suggestion? - cobalt - 05-27-2010

True Blood!
The 3'rd season starts in a few weeks......Smile

cobalt79 Wrote:True Blood!
The 3'rd season starts in a few weeks......Smile

Already love it :p

I'm a TV addict so that's kind of why i'm running out of ideas. I also want to try Mad Men but I don't know. Doesn't seem like my kind of show(which is usually everything)

TV suggestion? - cobalt - 05-27-2010

colburn0004 Wrote:Already love it :p

I'm a TV addict so that's kind of why i'm running out of ideas. I also want to try Mad Men but I don't know. Doesn't seem like my kind of show(which is usually everything)

I wasn't sure if you had posted on the TB thread from last year.
Have you tried Dexter? That might be another thing to check out.

cobalt79 Wrote:I wasn't sure if you had posted on the TB thread from last year.
Have you tried Dexter? That might be another thing to check out.

Yup, this might be a bad idea. I've seen too much TV Big Grin

I actually read some good news concerning Dexter this morning. Julie Benz will be back on the show as Rita, but it will not be a ghost? They say they reserve the Ghost part for Harry. Also Julia Stiles was cast on Dexter in a secret role this season as well. My theory is Stiles will be Rita's sister, and due to their similar looks(somewhat) Dexter may see halucinations of Rita in Stile's character. But who knows. lol

TV suggestion? - Sigokat - 05-27-2010

You like silly, no-holds barred comedy? Then try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Awesome show, I don't think there's been one episode where I wasn't hurting from laughing so much.

sigokat Wrote:You like silly, no-holds barred comedy? Then try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Awesome show, I don't think there's been one episode where I wasn't hurting from laughing so much.

Ok, this is a bad idea it's just making me relize I watch too much TV. I have loved It's Always Sunny for a while, I just wish it had a longer seasonal run then the 11 or 12 episodes it gets.

TV suggestion? - Sigokat - 05-27-2010

colburn0004 Wrote:Ok, this is a bad idea it's just making me relize I watch too much TV. I have loved It's Always Sunny for a while, I just wish it had a longer seasonal run then the 11 or 12 episodes it gets.

Agreed. The seasons are just way too short.

Other than that, I don't have much suggestions since I don't watch alot of other series very often. Hell, I think I've only gotten to see 3 episodes of the final season of LOST and its already over!

TV suggestion? - Scott Miller - 05-27-2010

I'll recommend Reaper and Arrested Development as two comedies worth checking out. Veronica Mars is another show that sort of slipped under the radar. Brotherhood is also worth watching.

Scott Miller Wrote:I'll recommend Reaper and Arrested Development as two comedies worth checking out. Veronica Mars is another show that sort of slipped under the radar. Brotherhood is also worth watching.

Loved AD and Mars, I watched but wasn't a big fan of reaper later in the series. But I don't think I've even heard of Brotherhood. What is it exactly?