halcyonpic   05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
So I was reading Richard Laymon's book In the Dark awhile ago and the character Brace is reading an F. Paul Wilson book in this story. Here's the excerpt, "My powers of concentration are awesome. And often a pain in the rear. Give you an example. I picked up an F. Paul Wilson novel at the airport last Christmas. I was supposed to fly home and spend the holidays with my family. While I was waiting for the jet to begin boarding, I began to read the book there in the waiting area by the gate. A very crowded waiting area. When I came out of the book, the crowd was gone. So was my flight." Anyone else know of any other books where FPW or his work is mentioned.
neotank   05-10-2010, 12:59 PM
LOL< I just read In the Dark a month ago. I thought that was cool also. Great book BTW.

Nightwalkers by Keith Kekic. My bro's new book! http://www.keithkekic.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
halcyonpic Wrote:So I was reading Richard Laymon's book In the Dark awhile ago and the character Brace is reading an F. Paul Wilson book in this story. Here's the excerpt, "My powers of concentration are awesome. And often a pain in the rear. Give you an example. I picked up an F. Paul Wilson novel at the airport last Christmas. I was supposed to fly home and spend the holidays with my family. While I was waiting for the jet to begin boarding, I began to read the book there in the waiting area by the gate. A very crowded waiting area. When I came out of the book, the crowd was gone. So was my flight." Anyone else know of any other books where FPW or his work is mentioned.

It's been awhile since I've read it, so I'm not sure. But didn't P. Frank Winslow refer to Paul as "another pathetic parasite" in GUESTS? Be that as it may, GUESTS was one great story!
fpw   05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
halcyonpic Wrote:So I was reading Richard Laymon's book In the Dark awhile ago and the character Brace is reading an F. Paul Wilson book in this story. Here's the excerpt, "My powers of concentration are awesome. And often a pain in the rear. Give you an example. I picked up an F. Paul Wilson novel at the airport last Christmas. I was supposed to fly home and spend the holidays with my family. While I was waiting for the jet to begin boarding, I began to read the book there in the waiting area by the gate. A very crowded waiting area. When I came out of the book, the crowd was gone. So was my flight." Anyone else know of any other books where FPW or his work is mentioned.
That's pretty cool. I didn't know about this. I used to see Dick at conventions. A sweet guy. I think I remember Brian Keene referencing me once in one of his books.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tony H   05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I of course mention Paul in my book which will finally be available in about a week give or take a few days. I am not going to edit anymore so if there are errors then so be it. LOL

I think I mention The Keep and Repairman Jack. I also give a shout out to J.A. Konrath. My way of showing mad love for some of my favoirte authors, especially one who made me want to be a writer more than anything else.

That would be Paul.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I of course mention Paul in my book which will finally be available in about a week give or take a few days. I am not going to edit anymore so if there are errors then so be it. LOL

I think I mention The Keep and Repairman Jack. I also give a shout out to J.A. Konrath. My way of showing mad love for some of my favoirte authors, especially one who made me want to be a writer more than anything else.

That would be Paul.

And where can we purchase it, Master Capitalist Dog, growing plump on the blood of the workers and/or peasants whom you so ruthlessly exploit?Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin