Pages (2): 1 2   
saynomore   04-20-2010, 05:25 AM
The movie Kick-Ass has some problems with the soundtrack. You see, while there is much mutilation, stabbings, shootings, being burnt alive, all in close-up with great special effects, the soundtrack plays kiddie music, as though it's all a lark. And the story is quite entertaining...until the background music distracts you. I really liked the graphic novel. But the movie falls short of being what the comic book promised. If you like the Banana Splits music while watching an eleven year old girl murder several men (the woman she kills takes place off screen), then this is the movie for you. Take ear plugs.

AC

P.S. I grade it a B+, for its exessive gore and violence. Maybe the dvd version will have the Tangerine Dream soundtrack.
GeraldRice   04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
saynomore Wrote:The movie Kick-Ass has some problems with the soundtrack. You see, while there is much mutilation, stabbings, shootings, being burnt alive, all in close-up with great special effects, the soundtrack plays kiddie music, as though it's all a lark. And the story is quite entertaining...until the background music distracts you. I really liked the graphic novel. But the movie falls short of being what the comic book promised. If you like the Banana Splits music while watching an eleven year old girl murder several men (the woman she kills takes place off screen), then this is the movie for you. Take ear plugs.

AC

P.S. I grade it a B+, for its exessive gore and violence. Maybe the dvd version will have the Tangerine Dream soundtrack.

It's strange to me how men are so... disposable in movies. I do want to see this, though.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
bobkane   04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:It's strange to me how men are so... disposable in movies. I do want to see this, though.

thats because its not nice seeing women get killed on screen i think its like you dont want to see a monther die.
men a disposable, there are loads out there
saynomore   04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
bobkane Wrote:thats because its not nice seeing women get killed on screen i think its like you dont want to see a monther die.

I love the word, "monther"; great spooner. can I have it? please....

AC

P.S. There's a lot of disposing in this flick. Don't get me wrong. I intend to buy this on dvd. I can always hit mute when the bad soundtrack plays. Those action scenes deserve a better music theme, is all.
bobkane   04-23-2010, 04:32 AM
saynomore Wrote:I love the word, "monther"; great spooner. can I have it? please....

AC

P.S. There's a lot of disposing in this flick. Don't get me wrong. I intend to buy this on dvd. I can always hit mute when the bad soundtrack plays. Those action scenes deserve a better music theme, is all.

you can have it, lol
i thought it was a mixed soundtrack but then again the film is not a normal action film.
i just finsihed the graphic novel last night and i like the differences between the film and the novel.
GeraldRice   04-23-2010, 04:16 PM
bobkane Wrote:thats because its not nice seeing women get killed on screen i think its like you dont want to see a monther die.

But there are more women than men in the world and fathers should count for something.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
bobkane   04-28-2010, 05:36 AM
but going back to the film if your working for gangsters then there is the risk that you could get killed, not the safest job profession
t4terrific   04-28-2010, 06:51 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:But there are more women than men in the world and fathers should count for something.

Fathers don't count. We're worthless, except for paying bills!Big Grin
This post was last modified: 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM by t4terrific.
Scott Miller   04-28-2010, 09:50 AM
t4terrific Wrote:Fathers don't cunt. We're worthless except for paying bills!Big Grin

That's a serious typo. :eek: Giving you the benefit of doubt.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
saynomore   04-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:That's a serious typo. :eek: Giving you the benefit of doubt.

Never knew it could be used as a verb. Learn something everyday.

AC
Pages (2): 1 2