fpw   02-24-2010, 03:29 PM
just received this link from Matt Costello to a trailer for the interactive movie we scripted back in the 90s. Sadly, "Bombmeister" was never released. But it would have been an awesome interactive film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4c0uJWAjI

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
The Mad American   02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
fpw Wrote:just received this link from Matt Costello to a trailer for the interactive movie we scripted back in the 90s. Sadly, "Bombmeister" was never released. But it would have been an awesome interactive film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4c0uJWAjI

That would have been awesome. I have very fond memories of interactive books as a young reader. I think they were probably the first real books I read. They would have the reader choose which of a couple paths the hero of the story could take, "if you choose to stand and fight the villain turn to page 20" "If you choose to run turn to page 25".

I would read a reread these books over and over seeing how many different paths I could manipulate out of them. They really helped build my love of reading as a new, young book reader, (along with comic books).

I always wondered why there were never any movies that used this type of structure. Guess I just never knew there were movies like that.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Alvin Fox   03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
It looks like an interactive movie finally got made.

Last Call is a horror movie. The audience submits their cell phone numbers before the movie and one person gets called during the movie to provide help to the protagonist. Voice recognition software is used for real time decisions on screen. The called also hears what's going on on the screen over their phone.
Brian   03-15-2010, 07:02 PM
It's always some clown trying to cause havoc. LOL

There is no wise man without fault
neotank   04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm assuming it was for the pc? Or could you have used it with a DVD player?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Brian Wrote:It's always some clown trying to cause havoc. LOL

Great name for a band, Brian!

HAVOC CLOWNS.
Dave F   04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I need to look on a bigger screen but was the clown Rik Mayall, 80's comedy god?

The artist formally known as Britfan
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Britfan Wrote:I need to look on a bigger screen but was the clown Rik Mayall, 80's comedy god?

Dadburnit, Dave, there's our Battle of the Bands:

The Havoc Clowns

vs.

The Comedy Gods!

And the question is, which band can forget the chords to LOUIE LOUIE faster?:eek:

A D Em? I, uh, forget...
This post was last modified: 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.