Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
RhoneRanger Wrote:In the original Night World, Kalabati and Glaeken and RPJ barely knew each other, the new reissue would of course need to change.

What I would really like to see is the last Rakosh! It has been just not there... each book comes out and I expect to see the Rakosh, and yet no Rakosh. Are you hoping we forget about it? Jack let it go in a state of weakness, and the Rakosh returned the favor in Jack's state of weakness... they respect each other.. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE LAST RAKOSH? I need this F. Paul!!!

BTW, I am new here too, just finished Fatal Error. I was lucky enough to get an autographed first edition! Have been an FPW fan since I read "The Tomb" first edition.

Welcome aboard, RhoneRanger!
Zombie Joe   09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
OOOOoooo, I have a Good One!!! How about letting us know What happend To Tom Jr. after he got taken by the Inferna!!! It would be cool to find out where he was transported to. Will he meet the Wizard From the First age who was taken in the same way or, is Tom jr. dead? Any way I love the series, and Im re-reading "Infernal" Right Now. Watch out everyone Here comes "Repairman Tom":xd: Thank's again, the story's just keep getting Better, and Better.
JACKFAN123   09-22-2010, 11:24 PM
to an accomplished writer, but here goes. I think one of the interesting facets of this series is that the notions of "good and evil" tend to step outside of traditional judeochristian definitions. The themes in the rpj series give credence to the thought we have all had regarding the question, "why would the unmoved mover give two shits about us?"

I have always found the shady, incomplete descriptions provided by Glaeken and the woman about the ally and otherness entertaining. Your delivery system on these descriptions has been flawless in that the entire picture is never revealed. Every novel reveals a little more insight into past and future happenings. One of my requests would be to sit back and tie up your loose ends regarding these entities. What are some specifics? I have to go back and double check, but I do not believe the noosphere has been explained in entirety. The woman seems to think of her beginning in existence as abstract. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ground Zero attack shed more light on her understanding of her and her companion's existance. Transparency in regards to these entities, even if it has to be divulged by R, would be a welcomed addition.

I have always been confused about Glaeken and Jack's mortality. If Glaeken is no longer immortal, why hasn't his strength and power passed to Jack? Would this prompt an attack about Rasalom? A small detail that an explanation of would be fascinating.

One of the drivers to Rasalom's character is that he is introduced so seldomly in the novels. While a lot of the stories revolve around his actions as a puppetteer, we never get to walk around in his head. What a great addition this would be, and I think it creates a great mood in these last novels. Here is evil incarnate, why don't we take a peak behind the curtain? Dark, creepy and sophisticated could be interesting.
This post was last modified: 09-22-2010, 11:27 PM by JACKFAN123.
cobalt   09-23-2010, 09:48 AM
JACKFAN123 Wrote:I have always been confused about Glaeken and Jack's mortality. If Glaeken is no longer immortal, why hasn't his strength and power passed to Jack? Would this prompt an attack about Rasalom? A small detail that an explanation of would be fascinating.
SPOILERS:

As I understand it, the Ally has lost interest in us. Glaeken becomes mortal and the powers are seemingly lost. But Jack is told he is being groomed as the champion by the lady. The methods of that grooming include the loss of all of his family.
Remember Glaeken has told Jack that the big R is afraid of the former man he was, if he found out Glaeken was old and powerless, well the stakes would shift to R's side. I'll stop here...not sure how far you've read.....or others.

Quote:One of the drivers to Rasalom's character is that he is introduced so seldomly in the novels. While a lot of the stories revolve around his actions as a puppetteer, we never get to walk around in his head. What a great addition this would be, and I think it creates a great mood in these last novels. Here is evil incarnate, why don't we take a peak behind the curtain? Dark, creepy and sophisticated could be interesting.

Neat idea. An in depth peak into the evil would really be interesting.

EWMAN
JACKFAN123   09-23-2010, 11:11 AM
[quote=cobalt79]SPOILERS:

As I understand it, the Ally has lost interest in us. Glaeken becomes mortal and the powers are seemingly lost. But Jack is told he is being groomed as the champion by the lady. The methods of that grooming include the loss of all of his family.
Remember Glaeken has told Jack that the big R is afraid of the former man he was, if he found out Glaeken was old and powerless, well the stakes would shift to R's side. I'll stop here...not sure how far you've read.....or others.

Feel free to continue, you will not spoil anything for me. I do remember Glaeken and other sources relaying the information you spoke about above, but I never grasped that the reason the mantle has not fully passed to Jack was because the ally could not "see" the whole pictures anymore because he percieved the world as vacant. I realize this is the point of opus omega, and the various infernals, but I never understood why it took Glaeken dying to pass the mantle. Are Glaeken's former powers lost forever because of the Ally's absence? In my head I always thought of the process as automated (I don't know why.) I don't think this train of thought is essential in any way, I just thought it would be neat and a natural progression for RPJ. How interesting would it be to view Jack at his age now 40 years in the future? Gia may have just passed, Vicki now has her own family, Jack still having his golden oak furniture during the time of flying cars, etc. This is assuming of course that the world continues on its current track and is not totally derailed in the last two RPJ series and Nightworld.

Even if it is derailed, and the setting is more desolute and post apocalyptic, how great would jack's character be in a role similar to Glaeken's in the Keep? He's a hunter stopping the advesary where he can. Its an interesting conversation getting to expand on someone else's literary world.
KRW   10-15-2010, 11:30 PM
I have one last request for the final book. At least make a referance to the "facelift killer". There should at least be a sighting.Smile
Crimson King   10-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Markie Wrote:"The Secret History of the World" encyclopedia would be a very interesting read.

After reading Nightworld (after each time I've read it actually) I always feel myself wanting to know what happens next to all the survivors, how they rebuild thier lives and if they are called on again to fight the Otherness.

I wish F.P.W. books were easier to get hold of in my part of the U.K. Sad

This is what I want more than any other unresolved storylines. Knowing how Rasalom actually became what he became would be extremely interesting.
The_Texan   11-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:**Spoiler Alert** (References to NIGHTWORLD)

Sorry for beating a dead horse (though, certainly, it is a better alternative to beating a live one), and yes, I know this probably cannot be addressed within any of the remaining Repairman Jack novels...but....just a friendly reminder that you created a wonderful character in KOLABATI, with a TON of unused and unaddressed backstory to her entire life (not to mention the amazing apocalyptic journey she must have had travelling from Hawaii to New York City in NIGHTWORLD).

Hoping and praying that when you wrap up the RJ series, you can write a Kolabati novel...one which jumps back and forth from her Nightworld journey from Hawaii to New York, and her complete life story from birth to death...kind of a "Secret History of Kolabati."

I'm not suggesting a RetCon, but saying it is easy to imagine that she is so much more (perhaps dramatically more) than the few actions she's shown doing, and the few thoughts she expressed in RAKOSHI and NIGHTWORLD.

Yes...another Fanboy rant. But, there you have it.

Kind regards,

Michael Smile

---------

I, too, was fascinated by Kolabati and would love to read a little more about her. I always thought Jack dismissed her a little too easily, after they had an awesome time together early in the novel. I guess in the final analysis, FPW saw it as mostly a physical attraction and not much more. That, and Gina is the natural choice as the kind of 'all American woman.' But Kolabati admired Jack from the start for who and what he was, while it took Gina a long while to come around and accept him.

If there was ever going to be another revision of the The Tomb, I would lobby for a little gentler parting of the two of them. To my mind, the fact that she didn't show remorse over her brother's death -- who, if I recall correctly, raped her as well as bred Rakosh for evil purposes -- doesn't automatically make her a despicable person.

That's my take on it, anyway. Looking forward to her appearance in Nightworld either way.

-The Texan
Ken Valentine   11-30-2010, 12:37 AM
You had better read THE TOMB again.

Firstly the name is Gia, not Gina.

Secondly, you don't recall correctly: Kolabati wasn't raped by her brother, she seduced him!

Thirdly, Kolabati saw the results of Jacks actions directly while Gia didn't -- until the end of the book. Then again, Jack explained to Kolabati what he did and how he became Repairman Jack, while Gia misunderstood him (which wasn't difficult when you consider Jacks "sort of" answers.)

Ken V.

The_Texan Wrote:---------

I, too, was fascinated by Kolabati and would love to read a little more about her. I always thought Jack dismissed her a little too easily, after they had an awesome time together early in the novel. I guess in the final analysis, FPW saw it as mostly a physical attraction and not much more. That, and Gina is the natural choice as the kind of 'all American woman.' But Kolabati admired Jack from the start for who and what he was, while it took Gina a long while to come around and accept him.

If there was ever going to be another revision of the The Tomb, I would lobby for a little gentler parting of the two of them. To my mind, the fact that she didn't show remorse over her brother's death -- who, if I recall correctly, raped her as well as bred Rakosh for evil purposes -- doesn't automatically make her a despicable person.

That's my take on it, anyway. Looking forward to her appearance in Nightworld either way.

-The Texan
The_Texan   12-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:You had better read THE TOMB again.

Firstly the name is Gia, not Gina.

Secondly, you don't recall correctly: Kolabati wasn't raped by her brother, she seduced him!

Thirdly, Kolabati saw the results of Jacks actions directly while Gia didn't -- until the end of the book. Then again, Jack explained to Kolabati what he did and how he became Repairman Jack, while Gia misunderstood him (which wasn't difficult when you consider Jacks "sort of" answers.)

Ken V.

I stand corrected. I can't personally confirm the issue of her seducing him because I gave away my copy of THE TOMB to get a friend hooked on RJ. But I'll take your word on it. I vaguely recall it now and will re-read it once I buy it again.
Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15