Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   02-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Kenji Wrote:No-brainer type!? Oh...well,....that's exactly fit for me! :p Big Grin

Anyway, the novel was pretty good horror. The movie is B-movie. I LOVE B-movies.

Me too. I'm always looking for movies that require a little less attention that can still be enjoyable.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Kenji Wrote:Has anyone seen this movie?

I read the novel by Scott Smith, and I enjoyed it. But the movie was un-released in Japan. So I saw it on DVD. Japanese title is "Parasite Biting". (What a.....?)

The Ruins is one of the creepiest, most disturbing story. So this movie was surprisingly well done. Especially the scenes of creepy creepers creeping to 5 young tourists, that was really....ugh! :eek:

The movie was 90 min. First 88 min was okay, But the last three min disappointed me. That ruined the movie, totally.

I only saw the movie. I hated almost everyone in the movie and [SPOILER]was glad to see them die[/SPOILER]. It's a shame they didn't [SPOILER]kill that last girl[/SPOILER]. She was the most annoying of all. The only one I liked was the German.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Kenji   02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I only saw the movie. I hated almost everyone in the movie and [SPOILER]was glad to see them die[/SPOILER]. It's a shame they didn't [SPOILER]kill that last girl[/SPOILER]. She was the most annoying of all. The only one I liked was the German.

Gosh! You're cruel! Big Grin
saynomore   02-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Kenji Wrote:Gosh! You're cruel! Big Grin

Have to agree with Gerald. Taking pictures while they're being threatened. [SPOILER]I wanted to kill her.[/SPOILER]

AC

P.S. I'm about half-way through the book.
This post was last modified: 02-09-2010, 03:43 AM by saynomore.
The Mad American   02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
saynomore Wrote:Have to agree with Gerald. Taking pictures while they're being threatened. [SPOILER]I wanted to kill her.[/SPOILER]

AC

P.S. I'm about half-way through the book.

Yeah, I agree with that as well. Not only taking pictures but the way in which it was portrayed. I would have just left her, or at least thrown a good sized rock at her.Wink

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

GeraldRice   02-09-2010, 02:39 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Yeah, I agree with that as well. Not only taking pictures but the way in which it was portrayed. I would have just left her, or at least thrown a good sized rock at her.Wink

I didn't think the Mexicans protecting the temple were much better. Hey, there are a bunch of tourists near that weird seaweed temple. Let's go yell at them with weapons in our hands. And bring children!

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
LolaRennt   02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I didn't think the Mexicans protecting the temple were much better. Hey, there are a bunch of tourists near that weird seaweed temple. Let's go yell at them with weapons in our hands. And bring children!

Well, I guess the children can be cannon fodder?

The way you describe it has me cracking up. Now my co-workers probably think I'm insane (if they don't already).

Why do I always do this to myself???
saynomore   02-10-2010, 03:30 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:I didn't think the Mexicans protecting the temple were much better. Hey, there are a bunch of tourists near that weird seaweed temple. Let's go yell at them with weapons in our hands. And bring children!

Good one, Gerr. Makes me think of the Indiana Jones movie where Indy is on the side of the zooming truck full of Germans, picking them off one by one. Why didn't they just stop the truck and kick his ass? Nope, they had to keep driving until Indy had the upper hand.

AC

P.S. Another one: In War Games, Mathew Broderick's computer has a cheap voice module. When we get into NORAD, we hear that their computer has the same cheap voice module. You'd think the U.S. gov't could afford a better voice module. "Would you care for a game of chess?"
GeraldRice   02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
saynomore Wrote:Good one, Gerr. Makes me think of the Indiana Jones movie where Indy is on the side of the zooming truck full of Germans, picking them off one by one. Why didn't they just stop the truck and kick his ass? Nope, they had to keep driving until Indy had the upper hand.

AC

P.S. Another one: In War Games, Mathew Broderick's computer has a cheap voice module. When we get into NORAD, we hear that their computer has the same cheap voice module. You'd think the U.S. gov't could afford a better voice module. "Would you care for a game of chess?"

It sounded like this red Texas Instruments educational toy my brother had when we were little. "Greater than, less than... LEVEL 1."

[Image: speak.jpg]

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (2):    1 2