Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   02-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Has anyone seen this movie?

I read the novel by Scott Smith, and I enjoyed it. But the movie was un-released in Japan. So I saw it on DVD. Japanese title is "Parasite Biting". (What a.....?)

The Ruins is one of the creepiest, most disturbing story. So this movie was surprisingly well done. Especially the scenes of creepy creepers creeping to 5 young tourists, that was really....ugh! :eek:

The movie was 90 min. First 88 min was okay, But the last three min disappointed me. That ruined the movie, totally.
Medusa   02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I too, read the book. I haven't seen the movie either. I haven't heard very good reviews about it but I still want to see it.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
The Mad American   02-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Kenji Wrote:Has anyone seen this movie?

I read the novel by Scott Smith, and I enjoyed it. But the movie was un-released in Japan. So I saw it on DVD. Japanese title is "Parasite Biting". (What a.....?)

The Ruins is one of the creepiest, most disturbing story. So this movie was surprisingly well done. Especially the scenes of creepy creepers creeping to 5 young tourists, that was really....ugh! :eek:

The movie was 90 min. First 88 min was okay, But the last three min disappointed me. That ruined the movie, totally.

I read the book as well and pretty much agree with your views here Kenji. The first part of the movie holds up to the book but the ending wasn't great.

Not one of the best books are best movies I have ever seen but it was Okay.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Capo Del Bandito   02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Kenji Wrote:The movie was 90 min. First 88 min was okay, But the last three min disappointed me. That ruined the movie, totally.

Sounds like "Law Abiding Citizen". Was great to start out with, revenge-tastic and laid out the hypocrisy of modern law, and the last 10 minutes said "Hey screw all that character development and whatnot. Let's just end it on a brown-note"

"No, you were right the first time: I am insane. But I'll take insane and knowing the truth over sanity and self delusion any day"

"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation"
Scott Miller   02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I didn't read the book but I thought the movie was a decent no-brainer type.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
webby   02-08-2010, 12:35 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I read the book as well and pretty much agree with your views here Kenji. The first part of the movie holds up to the book but the ending wasn't great.

Not one of the best books are best movies I have ever seen but it was Okay.

Also.

I was ok with a lot of the character rearranging they did in the movie, but the ending was a big disappointment.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   02-08-2010, 09:21 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I read the book as well and pretty much agree with your views here Kenji. The first part of the movie holds up to the book but the ending wasn't great.

webby Wrote:Also.

I was ok with a lot of the character rearranging they did in the movie, but the ending was a big disappointment.

So true. [SPOILER]At The last scene in the book, nobody could escape from that site. But in the movie, Amy could escape from there.[/SPOILER]

I thought that was BIG mistake. :prrr:
Kenji   02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Medusa Wrote:I too, read the book. I haven't seen the movie either. I haven't heard very good reviews about it but I still want to see it.

The movie was okay except for the last scene.
Kenji   02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Capo Del Bandito Wrote:Sounds like "Law Abiding Citizen". Was great to start out with, revenge-tastic and laid out the hypocrisy of modern law, and the last 10 minutes said "Hey screw all that character development and whatnot. Let's just end it on a brown-note"

I haven't seen Law Abiding Citizen, so I can't say anything about it. But I want to see that.
Kenji   02-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I didn't read the book but I thought the movie was a decent no-brainer type.

No-brainer type!? Oh...well,....that's exactly fit for me! :p Big Grin

Anyway, the novel was pretty good horror. The movie is B-movie. I LOVE B-movies.
Pages (2): 1 2