Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Brian   02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Definitely not one of the good guys.

I thinks that's a given, he has potential to provide more info though. More info of the ancient ways and the Otherness. I'm just drawn to it, mwahahahah.

Scott Miller Wrote:Have you read Freak Show or The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus and Oddity Emporium? If I'm not mistaken(a distinct possibility)your answer awaits in them.
No, I haven't. Guess I know what I'm reading next. LOL

There is no wise man without fault
Scott Miller   02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Brian Wrote:I thinks that's a given, he has potential to provide more info though. More info of the ancient ways and the Otherness. I'm just drawn to it, mwahahahah.

No, I haven't. Guess I know what I'm reading next. LOL

If you have both, I'd recommend TPOTCAOE if you don't want to read a collection of short stories(which I found to be a mixed bag of great, good and not so good stories)that aren't directly related to the Secret History. TPOTCAOE extracts FPW's parts from Freak Show and embellishes them with additional details.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:If you have both, I'd recommend TPOTCAOE if you don't want to read a collection of short stories(which I found to be a mixed bag of great, good and not so good stories)that aren't directly related to the Secret History. TPOTCAOE extracts FPW's parts from Freak Show and embellishes them with additional details.

We seem to have two collections here, one way more extensive then mine. Wink I'll read both, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

There is no wise man without fault
Yeratel   02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Have you read Freak Show or The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus and Oddity Emporium? If I'm not mistaken(a distinct possibility)your answer awaits in them.

Yep, I happened to have gotten Peabody-Ozymandias on my Kindle a little while ago when it bacame available, and made the connection.

Secret Circles, and Secret Histories bring back a feel for the time period. They're actually Young Adult novels appropriate for those of us who were Young Adults in the 1980s.
cobalt   02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
fpw Wrote:I'd love to call it Intersections, but The Dark at the End beckons. I will try to tie up as much as possible. In fact, that gives me an idea for a thread.

The last Nightworld will have some changes from the Borderlands version. I don't do this to sell more books, it's just that the story is evolving as I tell it. I mean, Weezy didn't even exist when I did the previous revision, now she's a player.

It was worth a try for naming a book. Big Grin

More Nightworld is a good thing.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-07-2010, 06:41 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:It was worth a try for naming a book. Big Grin

More Nightworld is a good thing.

'Atsa truth, but the last NIGHTWORLD will be the last we see of Jack...Confusedad:
cobalt   02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:'Atsa truth, but the last NIGHTWORLD will be the last we see of Jack...Confusedad:
I know Blues....but The Man will write other stuff.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-07-2010, 07:52 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know Blues....but The Man will write other stuff.

Big GrinBig Grin:adore:
webby   02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
fpw Wrote:I'd love to call it Intersections, but The Dark at the End beckons. I will try to tie up as much as possible. In fact, that gives me an idea for a thread.

The last Nightworld will have some changes from the Borderlands version. I don't do this to sell more books, it's just that the story is evolving as I tell it. I mean, Weezy didn't even exist when I did the previous revision, now she's a player.

She's going to live at least until NIGHTWORLD? Yes!!!!!!!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
webby   02-08-2010, 12:19 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, you true believers gotta love this one.

Loved it, loved it, LOVED it!! Big Grin

The little voice in my head was going nuts all through the story. Yikes! Aiiiiiiiee! Ewwww! Oh no! Whew! Go, go, go! Uh-oh! Eeeek!

Yep, SECRET CIRCLES is one heck of a ride. Cool

cobalt79 Wrote:Ok...who's done with the book?

I must say, I really enjoyed this one. Edge of my seat in spots...laughing in others....remembering things best forgotten in others. Thank-you FPW.....this is the best of the Secret History thus far.

SPOILERS BELOW

I loved learning Jack's Mom's name.
Seeing the lady and her 3 legged dog.
Seeing poor Walt in action without his gloves.
Mr Rosen's nephew. [SPOILER]Abe![/SPOILER]
The traps in the woods.
The Carnival that came through town.
And most of all....Jack's fix of Mr. Vivino!
The mention of Wheels within wheels.

All of the above, but especially...

Scott Miller Wrote:What about Poppy?

Great stuff as usual. I'm very curious about the monster; it seems familiar but damned if I can place it.

Poppy!! What an unexpected, happy little surprise that one was. Smile

I have the same feeling about the monster that you do, Scott. It reminded me of old Scarlip in certain ways, so maybe that's what makes it seem familiar, but still... I'm gonna have to think on it some more.

cobalt79 Wrote:Oh...who else solved Rubik's cube without the guide as a kid? :itsme:

Not me. I could really rack up the points on Space Invaders though. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5