Pages (2):    1 2
Yeratel   02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Or the agony of defeat.

All it really means is that the price of ebooks is going to go up.
webby   02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Nancy Kress discusses this on her blogsite. If you're curious about a professional writer's opinion, google nancy kress blog.

Let me help you with that, Mike... Nancy's blog about the Amazon vs McMillan fuss. BTW - I also think the author she quoted has a good idea for e-book pricing.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
webby Wrote:Let me help you with that, Mike... Nancy's blog about the Amazon vs McMillan fuss. BTW - I also think the author she quoted has a good idea for e-book pricing.

Thank you, Webby. That is a lot easier.
Yeratel   02-04-2010, 12:23 AM
All of FPW's books are back up and available through the regular Amazon.com store, including the Kindle editions. Smile
fpw   02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeratel Wrote:All of FPW's books are back up and available through the regular Amazon.com store, including the Kindle editions. Smile
I just checked and there are still no BUY buttons.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Yeratel   02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
fpw Wrote: I just checked and there are still no BUY buttons.

Now, THAT'S odd, they were all there last night, in fact I downloaded a copy of Virgin to my Kindle. Now some of them show available through Amazon as paperbacks, but not as hardbacks. The Kindle version of Virgin, The Last Rakosh, and Peabody-Ozymandias, and The Fifth Harmonic are available to download, and Fifth Harmonic is also there in hardcover through Amazon. The Kindle version of Sibs is downloadable, too. Last night, Secret Circles showed as available from Amazon, but now it's only available through third parts sellers. I think they're going insane there.
Anders Monsen   02-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Amazon is hurting not just Macmillan/Tor authors, but also other authors. I tend to buy several books at once, and I am hold off on my purchase until I can get the batch of books I want, including Secret Circles.
fpw   02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeratel Wrote:Now, THAT'S odd, they were all there last night, in fact I downloaded a copy of Virgin to my Kindle. Now some of them show available through Amazon as paperbacks, but not as hardbacks. The Kindle version of Virgin, The Last Rakosh, and Peabody-Ozymandias, and The Fifth Harmonic are available to download, and Fifth Harmonic is also there in hardcover through Amazon. The Kindle version of Sibs is downloadable, too. Last night, Secret Circles showed as available from Amazon, but now it's only available through third parts sellers. I think they're going insane there.
None of those ebooks or T5H are MacMillan.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Yeratel   02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
fpw Wrote:None of those ebooks or T5H are MacMillan.

Yeah, I caught that, eventually. I just checked back on Amazon, though, and the "Buy" buttons are back on the Tor editions of Ground Zero, and By The Sword, as of about 7:00 pm on Friday Feb. 5.
Anders Monsen   02-05-2010, 11:54 PM
The spat appears over. Secret Circles and other Macmillan books once again available at Amazon.
Pages (2):    1 2