Tony H   01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
What is the etymology (effymology if you will) of this word? I don't know why it seemed familiar when I read it in Ground Zero. Is it a word you created Paul or is it paying homage to something?

I don't know why it seems so familiar. Unless I am a sensitive. LOL

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
AsMoral Wrote:What is the etymology (effymology if you will) of this word? I don't know why it seemed familiar when I read it in Ground Zero. Is it a word you created Paul or is it paying homage to something?

I don't know why it seems so familiar. Unless I am a sensitive. LOL
You must be a sensitive. It's an anagram of a German word for "outsider."

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
KRW   01-15-2010, 12:40 AM
fpw Wrote:You must be a sensitive. It's an anagram of a German word for "outsider."

And yet you made it sound so Mayan. (man was I way off)Cool
Old Europe   02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Ah, that's interesting! I tried an anagram-generator and it came up with the German word "Nichtfachmann". Being German I would have translated Nichtfachmann with "amateur" or "non-professional", but the dictionary says "outsider" as well.
Patrice   02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Old Europe Wrote:Ah, that's interesting! I tried an anagram-generator and it came up with the German word "Nichtfachmann". Being German I would have translated Nichtfachmann with "amateur" or "non-professional", but the dictionary says "outsider" as well.

NICHTFACHMANN nice....
great anagram paul. know i know what to say to say here germany when they do a bad job or somethin stupid