Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
GeraldRice   02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Re-Animator and From Beyond.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-15-2010, 01:08 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Re-Animator and From Beyond.

I'd love to see a remake of THE MYSTERIANS with state-of-the-art FX.
Scott Miller   02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Re-Animator and From Beyond.

I say a big ixnay on Re-Animator; how could they possibly improve it?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I say a big ixnay on Re-Animator; how could they possibly improve it?

Certain movies beg for CGI treatment. Re-Animator is one. Plus, I'm reading the short now and the movie added a lot that wasn't there. I wouldn't mind a re-imagining to see what someone else comes up with.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Certain movies beg for CGI treatment. Re-Animator is one. Plus, I'm reading the short now and the movie added a lot that wasn't there. I wouldn't mind a re-imagining to see what someone else comes up with.

Gerald, how 'bout AVATAR with 23rd Century "You Are in the Picture" technology?Wink:pBig Grin
GeraldRice   02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gerald, how 'bout AVATAR with 23rd Century "You Are in the Picture" technology?Wink:pBig Grin

Nah, too soon. They'll only be up to Avatar pt 58 by then.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Nah, too soon. They'll only be up to Avatar pt 58 by then.

You're right! God, that movie was =so= beautiful...and had such a lousy message...

(THAT'S HOW WE WORK, LITTLE BLUES. NYUK-NYUK-NYUK!--THE ILLUMINATI)
Scott Miller   02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Certain movies beg for CGI treatment. Re-Animator is one. Plus, I'm reading the short now and the movie added a lot that wasn't there. I wouldn't mind a re-imagining to see what someone else comes up with.

The second part I can agree to especially because I haven't read the source material, but I'm of the opinion that the original can't be improved upon with CGI; it is a classic as is.

Scott

GeraldRice   02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:The second part I can agree to especially because I haven't read the source material, but I'm of the opinion that the original can't be improved upon with CGI; it is a classic as is.

King Kong was a classic. Most would agree the CGI laden remake wasn't bad.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:King Kong was a classic. Most would agree the CGI laden remake wasn't bad.

And I'm one of them although I still prefer the original. And I think you've come across a couple of key points, at least in my mind when contemplating a remake. The first is when was the original made; in the case of Kong the original was made when movies were still quite primitive and an update using modern technology could really improve the look and the director's vision. The second is the original movie itself; was it a movie that could have been improved with a bigger budget or better production value? In the case of Re-Animator I really don't think that the movie would be consdierably different than what we saw already and I don't feel that CGI would enhance it much either. Now if they wanted to make a movie that more closely followed the source material I say go for it but a remake of the movie that has already been made would prove redundant and uninspired.

Scott

Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8