Pages (3):    1 2 3   
swandy   01-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Which of these new TPBs have had significant revisions from the versions I loved way back when? Want to re-read the cycle prior to the revised version of Nightworld.
Thanks,
Steve
fpw   01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
swandy Wrote:Which of these new TPBs have had significant revisions from the versions I loved way back when? Want to re-read the cycle prior to the revised version of Nightworld.
Thanks,
Steve

They've all been updated (taken out of the 80s). The Tomb will be the same as the "definitive" mass market edition. Reborn and The Touch were slightly tweaked, Reprisal was updated and changed to account for cell phones.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Silverfish   01-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I know! Big Grin

Wapitikev Wrote:Sweeeeeet.

-Wapitikev

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Silverfish   01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I know, I know. Don't get me started on that. Also, The Touch has a Forge logo on it and Reborn has a Tor logo. Blame Tor for changing the wording. Also, the spacing of the letters in the title and Paul's name is a little different.

I don't care. They are very nice editions. The paperbacks are all a little different too. I am happy we are getting all these books, and I'm looking forward to reading Reborn for the first time.

Next month we have young Jack too. Smile

Stephanie

AsMoral Wrote:The Touch says "A Novel In The Adversary Cycle" while Reborn says "A Novel Of The Adversary Cycle". That sets my OCD into overdrive!!!!! LOL

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Pleiades   01-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I especially like that Nightworld will be released in 2012, just before the world ends for real (damn those Mayans). I hope there'll still be time to read it.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Ken Valentine   01-09-2010, 01:21 AM
fpw Wrote:Reprisal was updated and changed to account for cell phones.
And that (rather cleverly) amounted to one sentence.

Ken V.
swandy   01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Pleiades Wrote:I especially like that Nightworld will be released in 2012, just before the world ends for real (damn those Mayans). I hope there'll still be time to read it.

We will find out with all the other conspiracies, that Mr. Wilson planned it this way so that he probably will not have other books to compete for places on the bestseller lists!!!
fpw   04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I've revised the schedule in the first post based on the latest info from the publisher.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
fpw Wrote:The further out we go, the more this is subject to charge.

You mean the price will go up?Big Grin
This post was last modified: 04-11-2010, 12:01 PM by t4terrific.
Crimson King   04-10-2010, 11:30 PM
fpw Wrote:
They've all been updated (taken out of the 80s). The Tomb will be the same as the "definitive" mass market edition. Reborn and The Touch were slightly tweaked, Reprisal was updated and changed to account for cell phones.

So, stupid question, but I read the paperback of the Tomb that was published more recently (red cover; I can't remember anything else defining about it). Will I benefit from rereading The Keep reissue? I can't imagine much in terms of "modernizing" since it took place in the 40s, but I want the best experience possible.

Then, again, who am I kidding, I'll reread it regardless.
Pages (3):    1 2 3