Tony H   12-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I may be a little late to jump on the YA bandwagon, but I finally got around to reading Secret Histories. I actually stopped reading "Ground Zero" because I realized it is intricately tied to SH.

I am LOVING this book. It is a bit sad though knowing what we know about Jack's Family years down the road.

I love all the pop-culture references from the 80's! And Weezy just might be one of my favorite characters since Poppy in Deep as the Marrow.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I checked out Secret Histories from my local library a while back and had to return it because i didn't have enough time to read it. I'm thinking of getting it again, but that would be after I finish reading the Fifth Harmonic. I lent that book to my mother while she was in the hospital but she lost it. So inconsiderate of her Rolleyes.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Srem   12-26-2009, 02:46 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I am LOVING this book. It is a bit sad though knowing what we know about Jack's Family years down the road.

I really liked the first Secret Histories book, but was also left with a bitter-sweet feeling in my heart after I was done reading it.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
sleeperagent   04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Spoiler alert!!!:cryin:

I have just finished reading this and I really enjoyed it. Anyway I was left a bit confused by one bit . When Jack, Weez, and Eddie are in the Barrens at night looking at the helicopters and stuff they see the silloette of a creature that resembles a Rakosh. Am I mistaken in thinking that in All the rage which is set long after Secret Histories the last Rakosh escapes into the Barrens? If so what is this creature? Is there any other story that talks about Rakoshi which might explain this encounter. Or is this not a Rakosh at all and I am completly off the track!
The Mad American   04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
sleeperagent Wrote:Spoiler alert!!!:cryin:

I have just finished reading this and I really enjoyed it. Anyway I was left a bit confused by one bit . When Jack, Weez, and Eddie are in the Barrens at night looking at the helicopters and stuff they see the silloette of a creature that resembles a Rakosh. Am I mistaken in thinking that in All the rage which is set long after Secret Histories the last Rakosh escapes into the Barrens? If so what is this creature? Is there any other story that talks about Rakoshi which might explain this encounter. Or is this not a Rakosh at all and I am completly off the track!

You get a hint of where the creature may have come from in the next YA book. I won't say more as to not supply any sort of spoiler.

And welcome to the board.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

sleeperagent   04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Ok. Thanks. I thought I might have missed something.
Patrice   04-14-2010, 06:48 AM
sleeperagent Wrote:Ok. Thanks. I thought I might have missed something.

Welcome on Board!
You missed nothing, it was the pine devil and what a pine devil is you will find out when you go to your favorit bookseller and buy secret circles Wink
Sev   09-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi guys! I just re-read Secret Histories.
The body that Jack and Weezie find in the Barrens.

It seems to me that the way the body was mutilated (described on page 112 of the green covered hard cover) turned him into a form of the kicker man.

Creepy!

'later!
rjack_fan   09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I loved both YA books and bought copies for my nephews with hopes of roping them in!
fpw   09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Sev Wrote:Hi guys! I just re-read Secret Histories.
The body that Jack and Weezie find in the Barrens.

It seems to me that the way the body was mutilated (described on page 112 of the green covered hard cover) turned him into a form of the kicker man.

Creepy!

'later!
Innnnnteresting...

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.