Pages (3): 1 2 3   
fpw   12-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Did I mention that my short story "Performance" is up on Horror World for free this month (and this month only)? I should have. It's a weird one. I wrote it for Dick Laymon way back when. It was supposed to be in AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS but was cut to keep the book a certain length. http://www.horrorworld.org/fiction.htm

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Another free-bee! You are so kind to us! :adore:

EWMAN
Srem   12-22-2009, 03:19 PM
fpw Wrote:Did I mention that my short story "Performance" is up on Horror World for free this month (and this month only)? I should have. It's a weird one. I wrote it for Dick Laymon way back when. It was supposed to be in AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS but was cut to keep the book a certain length. http://www.horrorworld.org/fiction.htm

Thanks Paul; I copy-and-pasted this in with the rest of your 'freebie' short story collection on my computer (Demonsong and Definitive Therapy).

Sincerely,
Srem

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Tony H   12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay. I read this story and I am a bit confused. I am not sure if it is referencing some work of which I am unfamiliar or if it is just so out there that I am lost.

Should I read or watch something to understand the mark on the chin and why they are chasing the protagonist?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Brian   12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I picked up the Peabody-Ozymandias and the Interlude at Duane's reference. The mole has me stretching for something, but I can't seem to get it.

There is no wise man without fault
KRW   12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Brian Wrote:I picked up the Peabody-Ozymandias and the Interlude at Duane's reference. The mole has me stretching for something, but I can't seem to get it.
Not so much an Oz reference, he's a traveling freak show. I think it's more along the lines of "Muscles" and that kind of entertainment, probably about the same time too. I also think the only place the mole has to play in the story is to identify the woman under different disguises.

What was the "Duane's" referance?
fpw   12-23-2009, 12:20 AM
This one kinda stands alone. I was in a weird mood when I wrote it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   12-23-2009, 01:13 AM
fpw Wrote:This one kinda stands alone. I was in a weird mood when I wrote it.
Did you just watch Austin Powers? Moley moley mole? lol

EWMAN
KRW   12-23-2009, 01:14 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Did you just watch Austin Powers? Moley moley mole? lol

Or listen to Larry The Cable Guy... "Holy Moley"!Big Grin
The Mad American   12-23-2009, 01:26 AM
KRW Wrote:Or listen to Larry The Cable Guy... "Holy Moley"!Big Grin

Or Uncle Buck. I am Moley Russells wart...errr I mean I am Molly Russells Uncle.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (3): 1 2 3