What effect do you think the recent involvement of CAA have on the RJ moviePoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It increases the inertia…the movie will be announced in the next 6 months.
5 (71.43%)
It makes little difference…the movie will still be made (well) after 2013
1 (14.29%)
The movie will never be made.
1 (14.29%)
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
Wapitikev   12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
FPW’s recent newsletter announced: “The super agency CAA has become interested and is looking to involve some of its high powered clients. More than that I cannot say at the moment.”

Note: Paul does not say "Nothing to report yet" but instead states "I cannot say at the moment."

This brief and cryptic announcement could be HUGE!

CAA represents the vast majority of Hollywood stars, including…wait for it…Sam Worthington (Jack?), Charlize Theron (Gia?), Kate Winslet (Gia?) Jessica Biel (Gia?), Aishwarya Rai (Kolabati?), Stephen Spielberg, Angelina Jolie, the cast of Ocean’s 13, etc. You name the big-name actor, odds are that CAA represents them. (thank god that Nicholas Cage is 45 and too old to play Jack).

My eternal optimism says that this little puppy is getting DONE!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
cobalt   12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Quick...somebody check....cause......

.jpg
hell.jpg (Size: 11.54 KB Downloads: 117)

EWMAN
Wapitikev   12-01-2009, 11:24 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Quick...somebody check....cause......

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=234]
Cobalt...you changed your mind!:yikes:

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
cobalt   12-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Cobalt...you changed your mind!:yikes:

-Wapitikev
I'm a woman...we're known for that.
.gif
curtsey.gif (Size: 2 KB Downloads: 111)

EWMAN
Wapitikev   12-02-2009, 12:25 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I'm a woman...we're known for that. [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=235]
:thumbsup:

-Wapitikev

fpw   12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
It doesn't hurt that Chris Morgan, who wrote the current script, is a CAA client.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope it helps. I'd like to see a good movie based on The Tomb. Again, I'm not a stickler for details. I do hope they get the true nature of the RJ character. Otherwise the rest is gravy.

The movie "Shooter" changed quite a lot of the story, but they kept the basic, more important aspects of the story and the character. I liked the film quite a lot.
Ken Valentine   12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
fpw Wrote:It doesn't hurt that Chris Morgan, who wrote the current script, is a CAA client.
Which is also a good sign.

Ken V.
longbowhunter   12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I think the thing holding the movie back is....FPW!!!!! Damn him and his integrity...if he were only willing to throw his character to the wolves,cash a big check,and walk the other way we could have had a Repairman Jack movie before now that would be on par with The Keep!

Just imagine the possibilities folks....Ashton Kutcher as "Wacky Jack"(cause the term Repariman Jack would skew too "blue collar",dont you know). Together with his girlfriend Gia(played by Cameron Diaz) they travel to Vegas to finally get married only to be thwarted by the evil machinations of the most nefarious Elvis impersonator/wedding chapel priest ever...Rasalom(played by James Woods)...along with his pet Rakosh(Vin Diesel in a CGI shark suit). This summer,always bet on black...and always bet on Jack! The Tomb-a Repairman Jack adventure,coming to a theatre near you!

Hiyo Goddamn Silver!!!!
Brian   12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
longbowhunter Wrote:I think the thing holding the movie back is....FPW!!!!! Damn him and his integrity...if he were only willing to throw his character to the wolves,cash a big check,and walk the other way we could have had a Repairman Jack movie before now that would be on par with The Keep!

Just imagine the possibilities folks....Ashton Kutcher as "Wacky Jack"(cause the term Repariman Jack would skew too "blue collar",dont you know). Together with his girlfriend Gia(played by Cameron Diaz) they travel to Vegas to finally get married only to be thwarted by the evil machinations of the most nefarious Elvis impersonator/wedding chapel priest ever...Rasalom(played by James Woods)...along with his pet Rakosh(Vin Diesel in a CGI shark suit). This summer,always bet on black...and always bet on Jack! The Tomb-a Repairman Jack adventure,coming to a theatre near you!

Now, that's just too true and too funny.

There is no wise man without fault