Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
fpw   10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks, all. I've seen most of these. Some I'll re-view.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
longbowhunter   10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Heres another one you MAY have already seen....SAFEHOUSE starring Patrick Stewart. Its kind of obscure but its a favorite....I imagine any RJ fans out there would probably get a kick out of it.

Hiyo Goddamn Silver!!!!
scrappyblue   11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
One of my recent-ish favorites is "Lucky Number Slevin" ... I love the way it ends, it's just a fun movie with some interesting twists and turns.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein
webby   11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
The Changeling - 2008, Angelina Jolie

This probably gets classified as drama, but I found it pretty horrifying on several levels. I just saw it last night for the first time which is why I'm thinking about it.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
flyingfox   11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Taken bril as was Slevin, but I really enjoyed Rambo 4, grumpy old warrior, my friend said he was too old for the part, but to me he fitted it perfectly, it was heart felt and action packed.
Sigokat   11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
longbowhunter Wrote:Heres another one you MAY have already seen....SAFEHOUSE starring Patrick Stewart. Its kind of obscure but its a favorite....I imagine any RJ fans out there would probably get a kick out of it.

An excellent movie that is relatively unheard of (at least with people I mention it to). I rented it at the Blockbuster I worked at in college and was glued to the seat till the very end. Its funny that you mentioned this because I was telling my girlfriend about it about a week ago and want to add it to my queue. Think I will now.

One of my favorites from sci-fi horror...Pitch Black. Vin Diesel is tolerable because he's relatively unknown when the movie was released and he plays a pretty believable badass.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Karithna   11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
If you feel like being campy, try Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town. It's horrible, but it has Billy Bob Thrornton in it when he's fairly young. As a bonus it was filmed in my home town (or very close to it).

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Karithna   11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
I also just saw a 2005 black and white, silent version of Call of CThulhu. It was horrible also, but you gotta love the story.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Irishkkc 2.0   11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I am a lover of eighties horror flicks including corny, campy and cheesy. Not all of the below fit this description I just thought I'd give you a warning.

Night of the Demons (1988)
Nightmare on Elm Street 3 & 5 (1987 & 1989)
Creepshow 1 & 2 (1982 & 1987)
Critters (1986)
Leviathan (1989)
Cat's Eye (1985)
Fright Night (1985)
The Pit (1981)
House (1986)
The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)
The Howling (1981)
Near Dark (1987)
Silver Bullet (1985)
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
Hellraiser (1987)
Pumpkinhead (1988)
The Puppetmaster (1989)
Jacob's Ladder (1990)
Event Horizon (1997)
The Gate (1987)

That is all I got for now
Tyler Edwards   11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Watch No Country for Old Men if you haven't already. The villain is the best villain i've seen on screen by far.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4