Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Fenian1916   09-29-2009, 03:07 PM
AsMoral Wrote:LMAO!!! No Fenny, it was not.

It was a masterpiece in the vein of Schindler's List or Return of the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
FreeBeerTomorrow   10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
It's one of the all time hidden gems. It got terrible marketing and distribution in theatres when it came out. I didn't realize it existed until 2 years ago when a Blockbuster clerk recommended it. I never compare it to the Matrix because they are two very different movies.

[Image: darktowergunslinger1-1.jpg]
"Control what you can control. Let everything else take a flying f**k at you... And if you must go down...go down with your guns blazing..."
Tony H   10-02-2009, 12:23 PM
FreeBeerTomorrow Wrote:It's one of the all time hidden gems. It got terrible marketing and distribution in theatres when it came out. I didn't realize it existed until 2 years ago when a Blockbuster clerk recommended it. I never compare it to the Matrix because they are two very different movies.

There really is no comparison other than the fact that ttheatrically they were released at the same time.

I think it is hands down better than The Matrix.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
kanuck slave   10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
i never even knew this movie existed until about 4 yrs ago. great flick! just one question that has never been answered to my satisfaction, did gun-kata exist before the movie or was it invented for the movie?
Ken Valentine   10-09-2009, 09:37 PM
kanuck slave Wrote:i never even knew this movie existed until about 4 yrs ago. great flick! just one question that has never been answered to my satisfaction, did gun-kata exist before the movie or was it invented for the movie?
I gather it was choreographed for the movie, and is one of the silliest things I've seen in a long time.

Ken V.
Srem   10-09-2009, 09:53 PM
kanuck slave Wrote:i never even knew this movie existed until about 4 yrs ago. great flick! just one question that has never been answered to my satisfaction, did gun-kata exist before the movie or was it invented for the movie?

Equilibrium is one of the few movies in which I actually own a copy. Usually I just rent movies, or watch them in the theatre. I don't often buy movies to own, due to the fact that I rarely find any I wish to watch more than once in a lifetime.

To answer your question, kanuck slave, check out this link:

http://www.equilibriumfans.com/gunkata_development.htm

It seems as though the form of 'gun-kata' used in Equilibrium was specifically created for the movie.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
kanuck slave   10-12-2009, 09:08 PM
thanks guys. i agree,i think it's silly too...but it looks cool!
Tony H   10-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I gather it was choreographed for the movie, and is one of the silliest things I've seen in a long time.

Ken V.

Yes, it was designed for the movie. It may be silly conceptually but it looks bad-ass regardless of the fact that it is impossible. It's why the movie is a work of fiction.

I hope no idiot tried this in real life. They would certainly not survive to talk about it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
kanuck slave   10-12-2009, 09:12 PM
thanks for the link srem.
Ken Valentine   10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Yes, it was designed for the movie. It may be silly conceptually but it looks bad-ass regardless of the fact that it is impossible. It's why the movie is a work of fiction.

I hope no idiot tried this in real life. They would certainly not survive to talk about it.
One man's "bad ass" is another man's silly. It's a matter of taste.

In the name of eliminating war, the government would kill anybody who showed themselves capable of having any emotions. As only governments can make war, it was a case of "meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss."

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3