Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Silverfish   09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow, congratulations Paul!

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
fpw Wrote:...who preordered or bought Ground Zero that first week. I got advance word from the publisher last night (they get the word earlier than the rest of us) that once again Jack has made the NY Times Bestseller list.

It couldn't have happened without you folks here and the F-Files readers.

Thank you again.

Quality finds its level, Paul.
Vargas   09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
You are welcome.

Thank you for creating such a fantastic character.
webby   09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
[Image: high5-1.gif]

Awesome news!!

I think it's even more impressive than usual since Ground Zero is part of an ongoing tale rather than a purely stand-alone novel. What does it mean? I think it means that as Repairman Jack gains more fans through paperback sales, those new fans get hooked as bad as the "old-timers" and we all must, MUST get the newest RJ story just as soon as it is available.

And, Paul, that means you are one hell of a good storyteller. Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fpw   09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, there's definite evidence of a cumulative effect, or a process of accretion. A movie would send it into orbit, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever seeing that happen.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, there's definite evidence of a cumulative effect, or a process of accretion. A movie would send it into orbit, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever seeing that happen.

Well, that's not entirely bad. A film, however good, "freezes" things, if you get me drift. And a =rotten= movie of a great book? Oh, Gawd...DUNE, anybody? How 'bout (sob) STARSHIP TROOPERS?

You might have, in a weird sense, lucked-out, Paul. Your characters are alive and well in the noosphere. The imaginations of your readers. They'll never be butchered by, oh, say, Michael Mann.:eek:
t4terrific   09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, there's definite evidence of a cumulative effect, or a process of accretion. A movie would send it into orbit, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever seeing that happen.

If the film is made after the series of books has been completed, would there be pressure to begin writing new "adult RJ" books? This would capitalize on the movie push.
colburn0004   09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Congrats! I almost think i'm not meant to have this book. After not finding it in local bookstores I finaly ordered from Amazon. The day it was supposed to get here for some reason my mailbox in my apartment complex got mistaken for a vacant apartment. The mail was sent back to post office and package sent back to amazon. Now I have to order it again as amazon refuses to resend sent back items. /sigh

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Congrats! I almost think i'm not meant to have this book. After not finding it in local bookstores I finaly ordered from Amazon. The day it was supposed to get here for some reason my mailbox in my apartment complex got mistaken for a vacant apartment. The mail was sent back to post office and package sent back to amazon. Now I have to order it again as amazon refuses to resend sent back items. /sigh

B&N!
B&N!
B&N is your trustworthy friend!
B&N tells no lies
B&N wears no disguise
B&N will ship it right to ya
B&N will never screw ya
B&N is on the case
To ship the book to ya
At your time and space

(Christ, if VP of Stores Mark Bottini ever saw this, he'd probably say, "Little Blues needs some time off. Maybe a lotta time off.")
This post was last modified: 09-28-2009, 12:24 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Ken Valentine   09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Congrats! I almost think i'm not meant to have this book. After not finding it in local bookstores I finaly ordered from Amazon. The day it was supposed to get here for some reason my mailbox in my apartment complex got mistaken for a vacant apartment. The mail was sent back to post office and package sent back to amazon. Now I have to order it again as amazon refuses to resend sent back items. /sigh
Sounds like you have a less-than-competent letter carrier.

Your regular mail-critter is probably on vacation.

Ken V.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5