Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Srem Wrote:Fortunately for myself, I have always been treated half way decent at the Barnes & Noble where I've purchased most of the newer Repairman Jack novels over the past few years, and I'm not even a member.
If I don't find it, they order it for me. No hassles; no questions asked. They also call me as soon as it gets in if they've had to have a copy shipped from another warehouse.

I've been reading over some of the difficulties folks on this forum have been having trying to buy their retail copies of Ground Zero through various bookstores. To say the least, it amazes me how poor some customer services have become.

Why be amazed, Srem? Common courtesy has been on the skids for decades. Why shouldn't retailers take the way they deal with folks in general onto the job with them?
BK Akitas   09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
got my book Friday!

went to pick it up at the lil store over in Carmichael but his delivery wasn't in yet. browsed a bit, picked up a used copy of a Lincoln Child book I hadn't even known existed (Deep Storm- not bad!) and some books for the little one, whose interest in reading has suddenly picked up. it's not all that far from the house so I used it as an excuse to get back on my moto for my first ride since my accident last month.
awesome smells were coming from a Vietnamese restaurant next door so I hobbled over for some noodle soup and spring rolls. just about done with the first tow chapters of Deep Storm and the plate of rolls, in walks the bookstore owner with my brand spankin' new Jack book!!!! WIN!

we had a long weekend here so I didn't get to finish it until last night Smile Ima happy girl!

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Yeratel   09-22-2009, 01:31 AM
I got my hardcopy of Ground Zero from Amazon, and picked up Lost Symbol for the Kindle2 the same day. I've read them both now, and Ground Zero is definitely the keeper. Lost Symbol will get deleted to make room for something else. Smile
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5