Pages (3):    1 2 3   
cobalt   08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Hellacool? snicker. Wink

EWMAN
Alvin Fox   08-19-2009, 02:14 AM
I can't think of a movie where I've seen more bodies "pop".

I kept expecting the interrogation scene but I guess that was made specifically for the trailer.
Medusa   08-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I keep trying to think but I can't remember them every saying it the movie either. Maybe it'll be on the DVD in deleted scenes.

I've seen trailers that didn't have that scene in the movies. The one I remember most was from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The trailer showed them walk by and quietly push some old lady into the water. That was never in the movie.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Alvin Fox   08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
One can probably come up with a long list of movies where the trailer has stuff not in the movie. I think it was Roger Corman who had the same footage of an exploding helicopter in the trailer of all of his movies. There was the futuristic version of Alien 3 that took place on earth. And more recently was a scene from Step Brothers that I absolutley loved.

What are you doing?
I'm burying you.
My dad'll miss me.
He'll never know you're gone.

Anyway, back to District 9. Certainly left it open enough for a sequel.

Some spoilers below.

I may be wrong about this but it seemed like Chris spent 20 years looking for enough fuel to power the dropship that was immediately shot out of the sky. Chris's son then moved the mothership over the dropship and had it hoovered up. Why not do that 20 years ago? Maybe the dropship had fuel already and that little amount that was collected was just the amount that the mothership needed to go home.
saynomore   08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:One can probably come up with a long list of movies where the trailer has stuff not in the movie. I think it was Roger Corman who had the same footage of an exploding helicopter in the trailer of all of his movies. There was the futuristic version of Alien 3 that took place on earth. And more recently was a scene from Step Brothers that I absolutley loved.

What are you doing?
I'm burying you.
My dad'll miss me.
He'll never know you're gone.

Anyway, back to District 9. Certainly left it open enough for a sequel.

Some spoilers below.

I may be wrong about this but it seemed like Chris spent 20 years looking for enough fuel to power the dropship that was immediately shot out of the sky. Chris's son then moved the mothership over the dropship and had it hoovered up. Why not do that 20 years ago? Maybe the dropship had fuel already and that little amount that was collected was just the amount that the mothership needed to go home.

AT first, I thought it was blood he was collecting; how else could "fuel" alter someone's dna? Gotta go see it again. Lots of questions. Few answers.

AC
Brian   08-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Certainly not what I was expecting. A scifi docu-drama. It even had cobalt crying at one point.
Mecha suit, yeah hellacool.
And the prawns liked cat food, thats fookin funny.

There is no wise man without fault
Alvin Fox   08-23-2009, 01:45 AM
I wonder if the catnip like quality in the catfood is also in tuna. Because, really, is there that much of a difference between the two?
Brian   08-23-2009, 09:24 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:I wonder if the catnip like quality in the catfood is also in tuna. Because, really, is there that much of a difference between the two?
Open a can of either in my house and hidden cat becomes very obvious and insistent.

There is no wise man without fault
Scott Miller   01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I liked it a lot, mainly due to its originality. It certainly wasn't great and I wasn't sure I was going to keep watching after the first 20 minutes, but once Wilkes got into District 9 it settled into a groove and went all sorts of places I wouldn't have expected. I thought the acting was decent and the effects good. Overall I'd recommend it to fans of SF.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I liked it a lot, mainly due to its originality. It certainly wasn't great and I wasn't sure I was going to keep watching after the first 20 minutes, but once Wilkes got into District 9 it settled into a groove and went all sorts of places I wouldn't have expected. I thought the acting was decent and the effects good. Overall I'd recommend it to fans of SF.

I saw this movie in the theater and I thought it was amazing. There was a couple that walked out in within the first 10-20 minutes. I think a lot of people (not saying you in particular, Scott) cannot grasp a movie if everything isn't laid out for them within the first 20 minutes and instead of giving it a chance they just give up on it. The other day I watched the old classic The Other and having never seen it before I thought it moved very slow in the beginning, but I stuck with it and it turned out to be a great, yet very disturbing film.

But in regards to District 9, it is probably one of my all time favorite SciFi films now and like you said, I would recommend it to any SF fan. Now I just have to go buy it on DVD.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (3):    1 2 3