RepairmanJack.com Forums
District 9 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: District 9 (/thread-3512.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

District 9 - colburn0004 - 08-17-2009

Went and seen this friday with knowing really little about it besides it was about aliens. Well I went and seen it and have to say I really enjoyed it. It to me seemed like a perfect blend between comedy, action, gore, and even some sweet moments. The CG was amazing. In some parts the aliens seem as real as the people in the scene with them.

Some parts were really gory but most scenes sceme to have an underlying comedy feel to the gore.

I would highly suggest this film. Very surprising with going in with really no expectations and not knowing anything about the movie.

District 9 - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-17-2009

colburn0004 Wrote:Went and seen this friday with knowing really little about it besides it was about aliens. Well I went and seen it and have to say I really enjoyed it. It to me seemed like a perfect blend between comedy, action, gore, and even some sweet moments. The CG was amazing. In some parts the aliens seem as real as the people in the scene with them.

Some parts were really gory but most scenes sceme to have an underlying comedy feel to the gore.

I would highly suggest this film. Very surprising with going in with really no expectations and not knowing anything about the movie.

I've heard good things about the flick too. And it's yet more evidence the aliens are not only minipulating our government, but our entertainment industry too.

I could tell you the monstrous truth about the situation, colburn, but if I did, your teeth would grow backwards, your hair would make a run for Mexico, and you'd never smile again.

Just call me, "One Who Knows"

District 9 - Auskar - 08-17-2009

I know someone else that recommended this movie, too. Argh! Too many movies to see!

District 9 - Medusa - 08-17-2009

We saw this yesterday. I think its hit or miss on the reviews. I loved it. My husband hated it. My son thought it was ok but the acting sucked.

District 9 - Kenji - 08-17-2009

Since I saw the trailer, I want to see District9 ASAP! Looks fantastic!

District 9 - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-17-2009

Kenji Wrote:Since I saw the trailer, I want to see District9 ASAP! Looks fantastic!

Hope you enjoy it, but come on, Pal Kenji!

First Contact with a race that has a stardrive, and we put them in a slum?

Yeah. Right. That's =exactly= what would happen.

They have strange alien weapons, and the Good Old USA isn't involved?

Yessir, just like the world as we know it.

Other things, but...

Good God, y'all!

District 9 - Srem - 08-18-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hope you enjoy it, but come on, Pal Kenji!

Other things, but...

Good God, y'all!

I really liked the movie, but I gotta agree with the Bluesman on this one...

District 9 - saynomore - 08-18-2009

I can't remember the last movie where the audience applauded.

The movie was a satire, of course, mocking a government that "interns" ethnic groups under the guise of national security, when, in fact, said government has its eyes set on expanding its military superiority. I think the weak acting was intentional to capture the documentary feel a la "Night of the Living Dead". Excellent story. Great special effects. A protagnonist we cared about. That's all I ask for in a movie. I will be adding this to my dvd collection, fa sur.

AC

District 9 - colburn0004 - 08-18-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hope you enjoy it, but come on, Pal Kenji!

Other things, but...

Good God, y'all!

I agree on the us not being involved was sort of odd. But for having them in the slum I think it was mostly explained I don't want to put spoilers but it has to do with how they are found.

District 9 - Brian - 08-18-2009

We're planning on this one for Friday night. The trailers looked good and I've heard good and bad things about the movie. Hellacool battle suits, come on, how can you go wrong? Big Grin