Pages (2): 1 2   
action frampton   08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Im a FPW newbie, and am a die hard Laymon Fan. After reading all Laymon's multiple times, I decided it was time to 'move on'.

Went to local charity shop and picked up 'The Tomb' (pre 1998 1st edition) - man am I glad I got this book, seeing as it turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read (took about 3 days). Abruptly went back to said charity shop and got the only other FPW they had; Sister Night, which so far is also excellent.

Now my question is ; I just brought 'The Last Rakosh' (1st edition signed) but can't see it mentioed in 'list in order to read'. I saw somewhere that it is extension of a short story included in 'All The Rage'?

I want to read all of Repairman Jack Novels, and in correct order, so should I read 'Last Rakosh' before or after 'All The Rage'? I realise that 'Legacies' is 2nd to read, then 'Conspiracies'.

Also, is the 1998 Tomb much different to the pre-1998?

I literally can't wait to read more about the Repairman - you must of all Read 'The Tomb' and I was really really hoping Jack would be back for more Repairman action after the cliffhanger ending :-)

Thanks for your time guys, and THANK YOU FPW - one of the greatest authors I've ever had the pleasure to read.
fpw   08-11-2009, 04:03 PM
The ultimate reading order is here: http://repairmanjack.com/works.htm#secrethistory.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
FYI: Sister Night was published here as Sibs.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Silverfish   08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
What he said. ↑ Big Grin Welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
action frampton   08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks FPW, Silverfish; really good site here. I will enjoy it. Just ordered Legacies - I literally can't wait.
action frampton   08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
One more [maybe stupid] question - after FPW kindly provided me with the link of reading oder I noticed 'Jack Secrect Histories' so I've ordered this too. Looks like it's from his younger years, so just reading this in any order would be OK?

Thanks again
Ken Valentine   08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
action frampton Wrote:One more [maybe stupid] question - after FPW kindly provided me with the link of reading oder I noticed 'Jack Secrect Histories' so I've ordered this too. Looks like it's from his younger years, so just reading this in any order would be OK?

Thanks again
You DEFINITELY want to read SECRET HISTORIES before reading GROUND ZERO.

Just as you want to read BLACKWIND before reading BY THE SWORD.

For the most part, you can read them in any order you want. Because if you're like me, you're going to reread them all anyway. Wink

Ken V.
Silverfish   08-13-2009, 11:00 PM
That is a trait we all share. :cheers:

Stephanie

Ken Valentine Wrote:...Because if you're like me, you're going to reread them all anyway...

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
noturbizniss   08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
fpw Wrote:The ultimate reading order is here: http://repairmanjack.com/works.htm#secrethistory.

I have read all the jack novels to date, but I think it's time for a refresher. Should I read the current version of reborn, or wait till the new edition comes out in October?

Is the new one going to be significantly different?
In the same vein, is the new version of The Touch significantly different from the original?
This post was last modified: 08-28-2009, 11:41 AM by noturbizniss.
Wapitikev   08-28-2009, 12:49 PM
noturbizniss Wrote:I have read all the jack novels to date, but I think it's time for a refresher. Should I read the current version of reborn, or wait till the new edition comes out in October?

Is the new one going to be significantly different?
In the same vein, is the new version of The Touch significantly different from the original?
First off...I just realized I never welcomed you to the board, so:

Welcome, noturbizniss. You'll like it here.

Second: if memory serves from past questions of this type, the only changes in those 2, new editions are corrections of typos.

They are being re-published, mainly due to the fact that they have been out of print for a while (except for the collectors editions from Bordelands Press, of course).

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (2): 1 2