Miskatonic & Gin   08-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Been too long since I've done anything but luuuurrrkk here so I *think* I have something of value to add...

I was walking around the San Diego Comic Con a few weeks ago feeling kinda blue 'cause my favorite author didn't want to play with the capes this year. I finally got over it and decided to spend all day checking out the small press booths and maybe purchase a few TPBs to read.

Every year I stop by author Batton Lash's booth to say hi and pick up a book or two. Lash writes a creative & humorous B & W comic entitled "Tales Of Supernatural Law" that features 2 lawyers who represent various supernatural clients in court. Lash visits our local comic book store in Santa Barbara here about once a year for signings and aside from being a witty wordsmith he's also a very cool guy.

I've pretty much trashed my individual issues so I wanted to start picking up some of his collected TPBs. Imagine my surprise when I find that FPW has written the intro to Vol II! Smile I had planned to pick it up anyway but getting a FPW rant on Lawyers to start off the collection was a nice added bonus. Sure, it may have only been a page or so but Paul never fails to entertain!

If you haven't given it a look "Tales Of Supernatural Law" is quite the entertaining book. The collected paperback versions can be had for pretty cheap and Lash is a joy to read. Oh yeah, and FPW endorses him!

Just thought I would share. Looking forward to Dark Delicasies in September!

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Wapitikev   08-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:Been too long since I've done anything but luuuurrrkk here so I *think* I have something of value to add...

I was walking around the San Diego Comic Con a few weeks ago feeling kinda blue 'cause my favorite author didn't want to play with the capes this year. I finally got over it and decided to spend all day checking out the small press booths and maybe purchase a few TPBs to read.

Every year I stop by author Batton Lash's booth to say hi and pick up a book or two. Lash writes a creative & humorous B & W comic entitled "Tales Of Supernatural Law" that features 2 lawyers who represent various supernatural clients in court. Lash visits our local comic book store in Santa Barbara here about once a year for signings and aside from being a witty wordsmith he's also a very cool guy.

I've pretty much trashed my individual issues so I wanted to start picking up some of his collected TPBs. Imagine my surprise when I find that FPW has written the intro to Vol II! Smile I had planned to pick it up anyway but getting a FPW rant on Lawyers to start off the collection was a nice added bonus. Sure, it may have only been a page or so but Paul never fails to entertain!

If you haven't given it a look "Tales Of Supernatural Law" is quite the entertaining book. The collected paperback versions can be had for pretty cheap and Lash is a joy to read. Oh yeah, and FPW endorses him!

Just thought I would share. Looking forward to Dark Delicasies in September!
Welcome back (sorta) M&G. So you were doing your "Lurker at the Threshold" imitation, were you?

Heh.

Thanx for the recommendation.

Look forward to hearing from you again, only sooner this time.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
fpw   08-09-2009, 08:56 AM
They're good stories about something, plus he adds lots of sly cultural references.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
bones weep tedium   08-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the recommendation Miskatonic, have put it in my AMazon basket for payday. Smile

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."