Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
saynomore   07-24-2009, 03:40 AM
First of all, damn damn damn on the Potter spoiler. Now I know how it feels.

Secondly, fpw doesn't control the movie industry; I waited a long time only to be disappointed by The Keep movie, and I've been waiting ever since for ANY fpw book to be filmed.

Thirdly, I like the idea of how Jack met Julio (my homeboy) and Abe (my shalom boy) as a novel.

Fourthly, the post-Nightworld world would consist of brooms and elbow grease. After what humanity just went through, I doubt the world would turn Mad Max; it would turn Greenpeace. Boring.

Fifthly, get fpw's permission, get a bunch of good writers together, and put together of anthology of short stories depicting your version of the post-Nightworld apocalypse. There are many tribute records to Rock Bands. Why not a tribute book to Nightworld's brave new world. Since fpw has no interest in writing about it, I see no conflict of interest.

But, then, who am I?

AC

P.S. RJ will never end as long as he stays in print and reprint. Cha-cha-cha.
Wapitikev   07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Well, I am truely sorry to hear that. Well, then, when you rewrite "Nightworld", make sure that you kill off Gia, and Abe, and finally make sure that Jack eats a bullet, that is the only way to kill off someone like that! Since you are so dead set in your decision, I think that my life would be better concentrating on other pursuits. I should just burn all of my R J books, since it is painfully clear that you will NOT allow any movies to be made (they should have started over 12 years ago) and it is futile to even think about the young Jack novels, they just don't have the same flavor as the R J series. Nothing lasts forever, but this is just a copout!

I'm outta here.

It's been......

Lex
Dear Lex:

Confusedhocked::out:

Sincerely,

Everyone

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Terry Pack   07-25-2009, 04:15 AM
I think the Post-Nightworld world would make a great setting for a fantasy role playing game, with it's scattered bands of humanity putting things back together and leftover monsters hanging out in the dark places of the Earth.

"It was the dawn of the third age..."
fpw   07-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Terry Pack Wrote:I think the Post-Nightworld world would make a great setting for a fantasy role playing game, with it's scattered bands of humanity putting things back together and leftover monsters hanging out in the dark places of the Earth.

"It was the dawn of the third age..."
When I discussed an RJ game with Kojima, he wanted to set it post-Nightworld. Fine with me.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
lexator222 Wrote:Well, I am truely sorry to hear that. Well, then, when you rewrite "Nightworld", make sure that you kill off Gia, and Abe, and finally make sure that Jack eats a bullet, that is the only way to kill off someone like that! Since you are so dead set in your decision, I think that my life would be better concentrating on other pursuits. I should just burn all of my R J books, since it is painfully clear that you will NOT allow any movies to be made (they should have started over 12 years ago) and it is futile to even think about the young Jack novels, they just don't have the same flavor as the R J series. Nothing lasts forever, but this is just a copout!

I'm outta here.

It's been......

Lex

Well...
Bye. Rolleyes

This post is funny! Lex is still mad because no one liked his picture of himself posing with a pistol.

I should post on a Bucs website telling them what they should do. If they don't do what I suggest, then I should quit them and burn my Bucs stuff.
t4terrific   07-25-2009, 10:09 AM
fpw Wrote:When I discussed an RJ game with Kojima, he wanted to set it post-Nightworld. Fine with me.

That sounds interesting. Maybe an adventure game set in ruins.
Brian   07-25-2009, 11:38 AM

I'm outta here.

It's been......

Lex

A little bitter there Lex?
Many of us don't want an end to the RMJ series. Does than mean that there won't be other books written along different lines? I don't think so. The Man can write, so anything he publishes, I'll buy and read.

If the movie gets made finally, I'd go to see it as well.

There is no wise man without fault
Sigokat   07-25-2009, 11:43 AM
and god forbid we let the author decide what to do with his creations. Sheesh...what were we thinking???

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Brian   07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
sigokat Wrote:and god forbid we let the author decide what to do with his creations. Sheesh...what were we thinking???

Exactly.

There is no wise man without fault
Aprilis   07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I cant believe Lex said that. I think he owes an apology.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4