Silverfish   07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
For those of you that don't know, I am waiting until the appropriate time in the RJ series to read the rest of the AC (having previously read The Keep and The Tomb.) Paul has updated The Touch in a beautiful trade paperback edition that is on sale now. It is finally time!

I love this book. I don't know how else to say it. It was a very relaxing and quiet read. It wasn't the same frenetic pace as the RJ books are seeming to be lately - moving all the pieces into place for Nightworld - and it wasn't Paul's earlier style of the LaNague series, which is distinct in its own right. I'd have to say that this book is in a class of its own. Black Wind read like this too. I very much enjoyed it.

This updated version takes place during the events of Ground Zero, so now is the time to read it.

Paul, I have to say that your references to events that took place in By The Sword and Ground Zero were very well done. (One of them was a little sad.) Intellectually, I knew you wrote this book many years ago, and I was pleased that you integrated them so seamlessly. Thank you for that. This book definitely feels contemporary the the RJ series, and is a must read for any fan.

Thank you.

Stephanie
This post was last modified: 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM by fpw.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Scott Miller   07-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Silverfish Wrote:For those of you that don't know, I am waiting until the appropriate time in the RJ series to read the rest of the AC (having previously read The Keep and The Tomb.) Paul has updated The Touch in a beautiful trade paperback edition that is on sale now. It is finally time!

I love this book. I don't know how else to say it. It was a very relaxing and quiet read. It wasn't the same frenetic pace as the RJ books are seeming to be lately - moving all the pieces into place for Nightworld - and it wasn't Paul's earlier style of the LaNague series, which is distinct in its own right. I'd have to say that this book is in a class of its own. Black Wind read like this too. I very much enjoyed it.

This updated version takes place during the events of Ground Zero, so now is the time to read it.

Paul, I have to say that your references to events that took place in By The Sword and Ground Zero were very well done. (One of them was a little sad.) Intellectually, I knew you wrote this book many years ago, and I was pleased that you integrated them so seamlessly. Thank you for that. This book definitely feels contemporary the the RJ series, and is a must read for any fan.

Thank you.

Stephanie

Although it is not my favorite(I do like it a lot though), I have always felt that The Touch was the book that helped me grow up as a reader. Prior to it, everything I read was action-packed with maximum body count preferred. Both The Keep and The Tomb had enough action to satisfy my bloodlust, but The Touch is more of a suspense novel where most of the action takes place inside of everyone's minds. And I thought it was great.

I look forward to reading the new version.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Silverfish Wrote:For those of you that don't know, I am waiting until the appropriate time in the RJ series to read the rest of the AC (having previously read The Keep and The Tomb.) Paul has updated The Touch in a beautiful trade paperback edition that is on sale now. It is finally time!

Thank you.

Stephanie

Great news! I'll shortlist a few for my B&N, 'though the Fiction supervisor and his savage crew will probably pull my shirt up over my head and beat me with iron pipes. Ah, the risks we take for Paul...
vain_c   06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm an avid fan of FPW and his RJ series. I'm from Singapore, and like Silverfish, I've previously read The Tomb and have just completed The Keep. But to my horror, the libraries over here don't carry The Touch! I'm at a lost as I don't think there's an ebook available for it (is there?).

New releases like Ground Zero and Jack: Secret Circles takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months to get here! And I finish each book within a week or so. The wait is killing me!

Is there an alternative?