Pages (2): 1 2   
wildstarone   07-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Heads up U.K. classic horror geeks. It's your lucky day. Michael Mann‘s cult fright flick The Keep is set to get a rare theatrical screening at the London BFI next month. Based on the novel by F.paul Wilson, The Keep was first released in 1983 and starred some of today’s most well know classical actors including; Jürgen Prochnow, Ian McKellen and Gabriel Byrne. A major box office flop on its release, it has gone on to become a firm cult favorite among horror fans and despite countless calls for one, the movie has yet to receive the proper DVD release it deserves - Come on Paramount..Get too it! For more details on the screening times and dates, head over to the BFI’s site. Link below.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/the_keep_0

Source
http://www.24framespersecond.net/index.p...in-london/
Ken Valentine   07-11-2009, 06:55 AM
wildstarone Wrote:Heads up U.K. classic horror geeks. It's your lucky day. Michael Mann‘s cult fright flick The Keep is set to get a rare theatrical screening at the London BFI next month. Based on the novel by F.paul Wilson, The Keep was first released in 1983 and starred some of today’s most well know classical actors including; Jürgen Prochnow, Ian McKellen and Gabriel Byrne. A major box office flop on its release, it has gone on to become a firm cult favorite among horror fans and despite countless calls for one, the movie has yet to receive the proper DVD release it deserves - Come on Paramount..Get too it! For more details on the screening times and dates, head over to the BFI’s site. Link below.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/the_keep_0

Source
http://www.24framespersecond.net/index.p...in-london/
As far as I'm concerned, it's still a major flop.

However . . . I'd buy a copy of the DVD (if one ever came out) for no other reason than to also buy a copy of FPW's commentary CD which would have been entitled HEY DUDE! WHERE'S MY BOOK?

Ken V.
cobalt   07-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I know....I know... I'm one of the ones that likes The Keep. I'd go see the movie on the big screen in a heartbeat.

EWMAN
bones weep tedium   07-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:However . . . I'd buy a copy of the DVD (if one ever came out) for no other reason than to also buy a copy of FPW's commentary CD which would have been entitled HEY DUDE! WHERE'S MY BOOK?

Ken V.

That would be brilliant. Smile

I really like the film though, and would like to see it on the big screen. For all it's goofs (like forgetting to put a story in it) it looks great, and the baddy is awesome.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Scott Miller   07-12-2009, 12:46 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:it looks great, and the baddy is awesome.

The blue guy with the glowing eyes?...that was one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen. Rasalom is the best monster of all time and we got stuck with some disco goofball.

But it's all good, afterall you say potato and I say potato.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Wapitikev   07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:That would be brilliant. Smile

I really like the film though, and would like to see it on the big screen. For all it's goofs (like forgetting to put a story in it) it looks great, and the baddy is awesome.

Gotta go with Scott on this one...the baddie in The Keep movie was a bad cross (no pun intended) between Skelator and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Before I read the Keep I thought the movie was good...after I read the book I was left asking: WTF!?

The book is orders of magnitude in quality, story, and creepy, better than the movie.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   07-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Gotta go with Scott on this one...the baddie in The Keep movie was a bad cross (no pun intended) between Skelator and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Before I read the Keep I thought the movie was good...after I read the book I was left asking: WTF!?

The book is orders of magnitude in quality, story, and creepy, better than the movie.

-Wapitikev

All this talk about Rasalom is making me want to go put the DVD in and watch it! I might just do that, since I have the place to myself this eve (Sorrel absolutley hates the whole film. I was only just about able to convince her to read the book after she saw the film!)

I think it's because I saw The Keep when I was really young. My childlike mind saw past the rubber suit and saw something completely evil. The film seemed to make more sense when I saw it as a kid, too. :confused:

Enough of this chitter-chatter, I'm off to put it on!! So long! Big Grin

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
t4terrific   07-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:The blue guy with the glowing eyes?...that was one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen. Rasalom is the best monster of all time and we got stuck with some disco goofball.

But it's all good, afterall you say potato and I say potato.

It's definitely potato. There is no discussion.
Ken Valentine   07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Before I read the Keep I thought the movie was good...after I read the book I was left asking: WTF!?
I read the book before I saw the movie. And when I learned that there was a movie, I thought . . . GREAT! Then I saw the movie . . . what a disappointment.

Ken V.
Scott Miller   07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know....I know... I'm one of the ones that likes The Keep. I'd go see the movie on the big screen in a heartbeat.

I was youtubing to see if I could find a scene with Rasalom and I believe someone has downloaded the entire film and I was shocked to read how many people found it to be one of the most under appreciated films of all time. I am not one of them. I was happy to read that several commentors suggested the books.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2): 1 2