Legion   07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I know it was mentioned by FPW in a thread ( Can't find it but I know it was said) maybe a year ago, that Jack might end up taking a sojourn to Utah. I was wondering if this is still going to happen.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
fpw   07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Prolly not.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Legion   07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
fpw Wrote:Prolly not.

Confusedad:I'm sad now.Confusedad:

What happened?

fpw   07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Legion Wrote:Confusedad:I'm sad now.Confusedad:

What happened?
No place in the storylines or time left.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Alvin Fox   07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
fpw Wrote:No place in the storylines or time left.

There's still the potential in prequels though... right? Right? Big Grin
Legion   07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:There's still the potential in prequels though... right? Right? Big Grin

I knew you'd feel the same way. lol

DominusDeus   07-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Prequels, indeed... I'm almost out of stuff to read. My jaunt so far:

The current 6 Halo video game books. A trilogy of new Halo books is due out sometime in 2010.

All current Repairman Jack books, including the first Young Jack.
Black Wind
Peabody-Ozymandias
Barrens and Others / Aftershock and Others

I'll start the Adversary stuff after the last Repairman Jack.

The current 11 Dresden Fles books

The 7 Harry Potter books

A friend has suggested the Jack Reacher series, of which there are currently 13 books. I apparently like Urban Fantasy, though of all I've read, I like Repairman Jack the best, followed by Harry Potter then Harry Dresden.

Any of you folks have suggestions?
Legion   07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
DominusDeus Wrote:Prequels, indeed... I'm almost out of stuff to read. My jaunt so far:

The current 6 Halo video game books. A trilogy of new Halo books is due out sometime in 2010.

All current Repairman Jack books, including the first Young Jack.
Black Wind
Peabody-Ozymandias
Barrens and Others / Aftershock and Others

I'll start the Adversary stuff after the last Repairman Jack.

The current 11 Dresden Fles books

The 7 Harry Potter books

A friend has suggested the Jack Reacher series, of which there are currently 13 books. I apparently like Urban Fantasy, though of all I've read, I like Repairman Jack the best, followed by Harry Potter then Harry Dresden.

Scott Sigler's Infected Series is AWESOME. I cant wait for the Third.

The Strain, a new trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan is awesome. it reminds me in ways of Midnight Mass ( Which if you haven't read, you must!) This is the first in a new trilogy.

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry is an awesome Zombie book, which is the first in a trilogy as well, I have heard.

ANYTHING by Joe R Lansdale is amazing. The man is a genius.

Doug Preston and Lincoln Child's Pendergast series is good. The first couple were amazing. Especially Relic, the book that started it all.

More to come...

volshan   07-19-2009, 12:26 AM
DominusDeus Wrote:...

I can only say that I've followed your reading list fairly closely, although not in the order you specified, and my sister gave me a 'Jack Reacher' book to occupy me for a flight I'd been making to get home from seeing her (I'm terribly afraid of flying - long story and no point in telling it here).

I read the Reacher Series like wildfire. They were pablum for the brain to me - something I liked but didn't make me think or process - brain candy, if you will. Sometimes, brain candy is a good thing to have.

I remain a fan of the Reacher Series (despite the flames that may come) and could think of no 'hero' I'd love to see Jack meet and cooperate with more.

HTH

Marty

[SIZE="1"]'It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there's someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.' - Ayn Rand[/SIZE]