fpw   06-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Some early online reviews of Ground Zero. Some very minor spoilers in the Bookgasm review (nothing that wasn't revealed in the first 25 pages or that people like Webby haven't already guessed).

http://www.bookgasm.com/reviews/horror/ground-zero/ (wow)

http://www.russellmadden.com/bullseye.html (our old pal Russ Madden)

http://www.countgore.com/gore/tomb.htm (scroll down some)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Wapitikev   06-26-2009, 05:53 PM
HOLY FLAMING SHNIKIES!!!

If this one is even 1/2 as good as Harbingers (and the reviews seem to suggest it is better) then my socks are securely fastened and are ready to be blown off!

My copy should be in transit as I type this.

In advance, good work, Mr. Wilson.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Brian   06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll get the book after cobalt reads it. OK, now I'm hyped.

There is no wise man without fault
Ken Valentine   06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I was jiggling in anticipation . . . now I'm vibrating.

Ken V.
Dave F   07-01-2009, 07:59 PM
It's 'king awesome guys

I read the arc in a couple of days

No spoilers here, just to say I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you have been enjoying the direction of the last 3 books

Cheers

Dave

The artist formally known as Britfan
webby   07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I was jiggling in anticipation . . . now I'm vibrating.

Ken V.

Also!

I was hoping it might show up before the long weekend started, but no. So I'm rereading Secret Histories and By the Sword instead to refresh my memory before it shows up - which will be really soon, I hope!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Silverfish   07-05-2009, 12:21 AM
You will definitely enjoy it. Wink

Stephanie

webby Wrote:Also!

I was hoping it might show up before the long weekend started, but no. So I'm rereading Secret Histories and By the Sword instead to refresh my memory before it shows up - which will be really soon, I hope!

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Wapitikev   08-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Well, I think it only fair to mention that, as some of you may know, I was not a huge fan of By the Sword. I found it less satisfying, overall, than other works in the series, for reasons I will not get into, again, here.

Regarding Ground Zero: Publishers Weekly was wrong!

Ground Zero is a tension-packed thrill ride!

I loved every minute of it.

Thank you, Mr. Wilson. Thank you, very much.

I am sooooooo glad I did not wait until September 15th.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout