Pages (3):    1 2 3
KRW   07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Only that he was a connoisseur of single malt scotch, and I think that was in Gateways.

Ken V.

The scotch Stu gave to Tom was aged in old sherry casks-amontillado, and something about a skeleton behind a brick wall. I think we'll find out more about this in the YRJ series.
KRW   07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
KRW Wrote:The scotch Stu gave to Tom was aged in old sherry casks-amontillado, and something about a skeleton behind a brick wall. I think we'll find out more about this in the YRJ series.

I take this back, it's an Edger Allen Poe story. And kind of fitting in Jacks reference. As in there was no investigation of Jack's crime and Jack himself explains how he committed the murder. And using the old scotch to celebrate....Neat.
Ken Valentine   07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
KRW Wrote:The scotch Stu gave to Tom was aged in old sherry casks-amontillado, and something about a skeleton behind a brick wall. I think we'll find out more about this in the YRJ series.
That's a reference from the Edgar Allan Poe short story: The Cask of Amontillado, where Montressor lures Fortunado down to the catacombs and then seals him up in a niche by building a wall. And at the end of the story, Montressor marvels that after fifty years, no one has discovered the crime.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 07-29-2009, 01:47 AM by Ken Valentine.
Ken Valentine   07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
KRW Wrote:I take this back, it's an Edger Allen Poe story. And kind of fitting in Jacks reference. As in there was no investigation of Jack's crime and Jack himself explains how he committed the murder. And using the old scotch to celebrate....Neat.
Ya beet mee two it.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 07-29-2009, 03:16 AM by Ken Valentine.
Aprilis   07-29-2009, 01:53 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:That's a reference from the Edgar Allan Poe short story: The Cask of Amontillado, where Montressor lures Fortunado down to the catacombs and then seals him up in a niche by building a wall. And at the end of the story, Montressor marvels that after fifty years, no one has discovered the crime.

Ken V.

I read that Poe got the idea because at the university he worked at they actually found such a room. I dont think there was a skeleton in it but just seeing it gave him the idea.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Pages (3):    1 2 3