Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Scott Miller   07-27-2009, 10:23 PM
fpw Wrote:There's also Uncle Stu of the single malts.

???

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
KRW   07-27-2009, 10:35 PM
scrappyblue Wrote:I was reading "Enemy of the State" recently and read that Peter LaNague was going to find where his ancestor Gurney had lived ... as soon as I read the name I thought "Jack's uncle!". Pretty cool how they link together in seemingly unrelated stories.

Because of this, the referance in "Hosts" (I think) about an uncle and the the short story of "Lippedleggin" I've suspected Jack's last name was Gurney.
KRW   07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:
???

You now... uncle Stu..... the guy we haven't heard about yet.:confused:
Ken Valentine   07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
KRW Wrote:You now... uncle Stu..... the guy we haven't heard about yet.:confused:
Only that he was a connoisseur of single malt scotch, and I think that was in Gateways.

And if I remember correctly, he was Jacks fathers brother as there was no last name mentioned.

Uncle Gurney could be Jacks mothers brother.

Ken V.
Scott Miller   07-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Only that he was a connoisseur of single malt scotch, and I think that was in Gateways.

And if I remember correctly, he was Jacks fathers brother as there was no last name mentioned.

Ken V.

I bet you're right. You guys make me feel like such an inadequate reader.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Legion   07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
KRW Wrote:Because of this, the referance in "Hosts" (I think) about an uncle and the the short story of "Lippedleggin" I've suspected Jack's last name was Gurney.

Which character in Lipidleggin is Jacks Uncle? I just read it and guessin the shopkeep?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
KRW   07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Legion Wrote:Which character in Lipidleggin is Jacks Uncle? I just read it and guessin the shopkeep?

Yep, Mr. Gurney. He's also an ancestor of Peter LaNauge.
Brian   07-28-2009, 07:19 PM
The way I thought it made sense, was that Gurney was Jack's mother's brother.
From what I've read here, Jack was never given a last name by The Man.

There is no wise man without fault
KRW   07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Only that he was a connoisseur of single malt scotch, and I think that was in Gateways.

Ken V.

But Uncle Stu wasn't a real uncle, just a close friend of the family. Close enough to earn the "uncle" status. Wink
KRW   07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Brian Wrote:From what I've read here, Jack was never given a last name by The Man.

He wasn't... I'm just being a fanboy. Big Grin
Pages (3):    1 2 3