RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack's Uncle - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack's Uncle (/thread-3087.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jack's Uncle - berrymastiff - 10-13-2008

He's mentioned once or twice in two of the RJ books. I recall that one of the dog ladies said that Jack was chosen for a reason, and it was his destiny. Who is Jack's uncle? Why was he not mentioned at Jack's father's funeral. I believe he was said to be Jack's father's brother.

Jack's Uncle - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-13-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:He's mentioned once or twice in two of the RJ books. I recall that one of the dog ladies said that Jack was chosen for a reason, and it was his destiny. Who is Jack's uncle? Why was he not mentioned at Jack's father's funeral. I believe he was said to be Jack's father's brother.

Blast me pox-riddled hide, berry. I don't recall any mention of Jack's uncle. Which books? Anyway, welcome to the board!

Jack's Uncle - berrymastiff - 10-13-2008

Interesting that I have Chris Duarte currently playing on my stereo and a Bluesman greets me...

Anyways, I think Infernal and an earlier one... I recall he had a name that began with the letter G --- which by the way is the 7th letter of the alphabet....

Jack's Uncle - Legion - 10-13-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:He's mentioned once or twice in two of the RJ books. I recall that one of the dog ladies said that Jack was chosen for a reason, and it was his destiny. Who is Jack's uncle? Why was he not mentioned at Jack's father's funeral. I believe he was said to be Jack's father's brother.

WOW! I just read about Uncle Gurney yesterday ( in reference to the inheritence) and thought exactly that. Almost makes one wonder what Paul has up his sleeve. I suspect we'll meet him in the YA series.

Jack's Uncle - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-13-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:interesting that i have chris duarte currently playing on my stereo and a bluesman greets me...

Anyways, i think infernal and an earlier one... I recall he had a name that began with the letter g --- which by the way is the 7th letter of the alphabet....

gateways?

Jack's Uncle - scrappyblue - 07-27-2009

I was reading "Enemy of the State" recently and read that Peter LaNague was going to find where his ancestor Gurney had lived ... as soon as I read the name I thought "Jack's uncle!". Pretty cool how they link together in seemingly unrelated stories.

Jack's Uncle - Scott Miller - 07-27-2009

scrappyblue Wrote:Pretty cool how they link together in seemingly unrelated stories.

I'd say pretty damn cool.

Jack's Uncle - cobalt - 07-27-2009

scrappyblue Wrote:I was reading "Enemy of the State" recently and read that Peter LaNague was going to find where his ancestor Gurney had lived ... as soon as I read the name I thought "Jack's uncle!". Pretty cool how they link together in seemingly unrelated stories.

Everything IS related. That's the beauty of it.

Jack's Uncle - fpw - 07-27-2009

You might want to read "Lipidleggin'"

Jack's Uncle - fpw - 07-27-2009

There's also Uncle Stu of the single malts.