Pages (3):    1 2 3
cobalt   06-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Why share it when you can rent it.

Heh.

-Wapitikev
Oh!...I like that idea! I have all sorts of chores around here...and of course there's always laundry.....mwahahaha.

EWMAN
Brian   06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Damn, I'm doomed. :nonod:

There is no wise man without fault
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-14-2009, 08:05 PM
pennywise969 Wrote:Ive been reading the Nightworld series. I am currently about 3/4 of the way through Reborn and I have a question/problem.

My problem is that my local library doesnt have Nightworld even though it has the rest of the series. Ive also been periodically searching Half Priced Books, but no luck.

So, Im looking online. My question is 2 parts. A) Wasnt there a revision of Nightworld published? and if so B) how can I tell which is which? Ive seen a lot of paperback copies that have a picture of a castle and "Night World" in orange.

I'd love to get a snazzy copy from Borderlands, but its out of my price range currently.

Any advice, guys?

Also, Im not sure the ediquette on this. If it is in poor taste to come to an author's forum and ask about buying used, then Im sorry. No offense to FPW. Love ya, man.

Howdy, pennywise. I suggest you go to bn.com, hit "used and out-of-print", and see what's up for sale.

In 2004, Paul came to my B&N for an event. I asked him to sign my paperback NIGHTWORLD. Said, "Well, it cost $20, Paul, but it was worth every penny. =What= a story!" He looked at me aghast. "$20, Michael? You should have let me know. I would have sent you a copy..."

That's the kind of guy he is.
Pacal   06-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I read the Adversary Cycle before Jack's stories continued. Nightworld is amazing, the original paperback Smile. Now that I'm reading Jack's continued adventures I will try!! to hold off on reading my Borderlands copy of Nightworld but I might not make it. I'd really recommend reading the full Adversary Cycle prior to Nightworld, however. There will be a lot of story gaps if you're only reading Jack's stories.
Thanks--
pennywise969   06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Howdy, pennywise. I suggest you go to bn.com, hit "used and out-of-print", and see what's up for sale.

In 2004, Paul came to my B&N for an event. I asked him to sign my paperback NIGHTWORLD. Said, "Well, it cost $20, Paul, but it was worth every penny. =What= a story!" He looked at me aghast. "$20, Michael? You should have let me know. I would have sent you a copy..."

That's the kind of guy he is.

Good call, I didn't even know Barnes and Noble had such a thing. Ill check it out. Now the harder decision. Read now or wait.

Also, your story makes me jealous. FPW needs to come to Dallas. We read in the bible belt too, you know. Our little FPW fan club within my circle of friends would shit their collective pants.
Pages (3):    1 2 3